Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2012, 01:08 PM   #11 
megacoolguy10

OMG i literaly cried in the begining but its a miracle how your betta survived hes should be a hero but at the end i was relived that he survived.
megacoolguy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:10 PM   #12 
ChardFish

I usually do too, but I was trying to just hurry up and change his water and thought I could get away with it. Never ever again!!!!
ChardFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:13 PM   #13 
ChardFish

And I know how lucky I was to get him back! Its a lot to do with his own interest in survival- he was way gone, and swam back out! Turning and flopping the other way would have put him right in the septic tank. Just blind luck, and the fact that I did manage to get the pipes apart in time. I cannot believe I was so lucky and so stupid at the same time.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #14 
SweetNightmare

I do the betta water changes at work over a clean trash bucket. (We never use it for trash, but it is on wheels so it makes cleaning fish tanks a whole lot easier.) More than one betta has jumped to the side of the net and into the bucket, resulting in me frantically trying to scoop them back into the net, and then into clean water. Thank goodness we don't do it over drains!
SweetNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #15 
Gen2387

OMG! You are lucky lucky lucky!!! I got so scared at the beginning of your text... what a brave little betta. I'm sure it's a mistake the won't be done by anyone who read this post.
Gen2387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #16 
LebronTheBetta

I almost died at the beginning! I'm SO relieved that he's OK! Doesn't Lazarus mean like keep coming back or something? What a sturdy little boy! :)
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #17 
tpocicat

WOW I was so scared and feeling a little sick for your little guy. Wonderful ending, I usually put a cap over my drain so if they jump, they can't go down the drain.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:47 PM   #18 
ChardFish

That is why I posted this. it makes me look like a clumsy fool, with no common sense of forethought. And thats exactly what I was at that moment, so I am hoping other people will read this and not make the same careless mistake. Most of the time, the fish would be under that Rainbow Bridge right now. The fact that he isn't truly is a miracle.

Yes, LebronTheBetta, Lazarus was resurrected by Jesus according to the story, after three days of being "dead". I am not religious, but study the bible for the knowledge. But Grigori Rasputin might be a good name.... supposedly he was very difficult to kill. (One assassination attempt left him mortally wounded, but he recovered. Then they tried feeding him cyanide in food. When that didnt work, they shot him in the back. Then when they went back to check if he was dead, he tried to strangle one of them. They shot him 3 more times, and wrapped him in a rug, and dumped him in a river. Supposedly he got out of that, too, but drowned! Tough guy, that is, if ANY of its true...). I might just leave his name Solomon- wasn't he supposed to be very wise? Flopping toward the light was wise! :)

Last edited by ChardFish; 07-27-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:47 PM   #19 
BettaQi

Wow!

Mind blown!

I love the happy ending!
BettaQi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:57 AM   #20 
ChardFish

And he is still doing well tonight- ate both his meals today, and took a big old..... yeah, anyway, he looks great, but my computer isn't seeing my camera, or I would show you pics. Tomorrow hopefully.