Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-28-2012, 02:26 AM   #21 
vilmarisv

That's amazing!!!
I change my water in the sink but it's always plugged beforehand.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:09 AM   #22 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
ChardFish, that's funny you mention Rasputin. My mom suggested it for bettas names once.

As for your experience, I am really glad it turned out ok! If there is one thing that feels really horrible, it's thinking it's your fault for hurting your pet. So I am very happy your fishy is ok. I don't even know how I would have known where and how to take apart that plumbing so fast! Great job. :)
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:27 AM   #23 
LizzyP

When I first got Dumbledore he jumped out of the little cup I had him in and fell in a box of my fiance's high school football awards and whatnot. I literally sobbed and screamed for Ryan to get him out. He fell all the way to the bottom of this dusty disgusting box but when we plopped him back in the water he was fine. He was out of the water for maybe a max of 15-20 seconds (felt like a lifetime). Stunned, clamped, and very unhappy but alive. I'm glad your boy made it safely, would love to see pics!
LizzyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #24 
Kenny G

Betta's are hardy and quite durable amazing creatures. One post in this forum someone mentioned their betta leaped into a sink filled with scrubbing bubbles. Rinsed the betta off put them back in their tank and the betta was fine. It's always great to hear these feel good stories.
Kenny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #25 
ChardFish

Wow, thats amazing! I am feeling much better today, and thankfully, so is "Rasputin" :)
ChardFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #26 
Twilight Storm

I'm so glad your little guy is ok ChardFish!

If i'm doing a water change for some reason near a sink and don't have one of those little metal strainer things over the drain I jam some paper towels down over the hole.

You're not the only one who has had this happen btw there are a few members who lost their bettas this way! It's a good reminder sinks are dangerous. I'm still glad your story had a happy ending rather then a poor lost betta! Hope you feel better as well from the ordeal!
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #27 
dramaqueen
Banned

What an amazing story! I'm glad he's ok.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:49 AM   #28 
Cerulean

oh my that is totally familiar, been there done that, however i was in an aparment and i was not so fast as to think there was anything i could do to get him back. Good job and congatulations, i totally cannot believe that he made it through all of that but i guess a bettas stubborn determination is something to be rivaled with right? Good luck with him and enjoy, i am sure like me, that you will never do this by the drain again. heheh. take care
Cerulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:56 AM   #29 
ChardFish

Yeah, lesson learned. Tonight when I did water changes I used my bucket-and-siphon method like usual. Sorry to hear about your fish! :( You must have been beside yourself!
ChardFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:09 AM   #30 
Cerulean

Yeah a little. I was doing the water change as usual and sawbills like omg. Then I just stood there and was like" well I guess I don't have to change the water now" it took me a while to get a fish again and I learned to be very careful. That said I have had others who have spent time in my sock drawer before I realized it had jumped out, and on the floor, flopping around on the carpet, before the movement caught my eye and I pit gem back. I had two different ones that did the carpet flopping, before I reLized I needed to put a cover on the bowl. Lol. They get all sticky and dried out but they all survived but the drain dude. Silly fish hey? You would think I would have learned sooner? Lol good luck with your athlete.
Cerulean is offline   Reply With Quote