Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #1 
KermieBetta01

Question personality with breeds?

Hey what's your favorite tail and color combination?
And if you've owned or currently own different breeds have you noticed any differences in behavior?
I'd love to hear all of your opinions simple or specific!!
KermieBetta01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #2 
OrangeAugust

The two bettas I've owned in the past have been VT's. One was red with some blue/purple, and the other was purple/blue and turquoise. I'd never seen a half moon until recently, but I think they look kind of weird. lol too much fin. But I recently saw a double tail for the first time, and I really thought it was pretty. Maybe my next one will be a Double Tail.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #3 
LebronTheBetta

I really like CTs more than any other tail type. I really <3 those spikes! :3 My favorite color combo is a black orchid. Black orchids are most popular in the CT section rather than any other tail type. For different personalities in different breeds, there's NO difference at all. Some people claim CTs to be the most aggressive but that's not the case. It all depends on the Betta. Never the type.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:09 PM   #4 
jeremywadejunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by KermieBetta01 View Post
Hey what's your favorite tail and color combination?
And if you've owned or currently own different breeds have you noticed any differences in behavior?
I'd love to hear all of your opinions simple or specific!!
I have a HM plakat; he's the first guy I've owned. But he is very curious and sometimes pretty feisty. I love his personality!
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #5 
LittleWatty

I have a pretty feisty CT, but he's calm enough not to attack/eat my ghosties. They'll be practically climbing on his face when he waits for food, and he'll just sit there and let them. I've seen him chase them a few times, but never for more than a few seconds.

My plakats are BY FAR the most active. They buzz around the tank almost constantly, but I suppose its easier for them with the smaller finnage. (for proof, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgvd14Qxodk - He does this all day long, and so does my new DSHMPK)

I have a PK king who is laid back. He's aggressive enough to flare and nip at my finger if taunted, but that's about it. Just kind'a cruises around his tank pretty slowly.
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:24 PM   #6 
registereduser

I have a plakat type, big ear and he is pretty and fast swimmer but my delta tail has the most expressive looks on his face!
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:18 PM   #7 
vilmarisv

<--------- He is my favorite tail type & color combo betta... but he passed away last month. I have a female from my last spawn who look just like her daddy!

"Breed" is not the correct term, it's "Tail Type"
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:07 AM   #8 
KevinPham123

I love halfmoon plakats with base colour of black and tinges of blue, purple or green on the fins. I find they are the most active and therefore fun imo :)
KevinPham123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:46 PM   #9 
Meggie6347

Plakat kings are my favorite, I think (rescued ones) ...I enjoy seeing how much their color and fin age improves over time and plakat kings, for me, have tended to be like big Teddy bears. They always pay attention to me and follow me around...IME, they have been the most aware of what goes on outside the tank...

But it all depends on the betta...I just pick the ones that look at me wherever I walk in the store because I wan him to be aware of what goes on outside the tank so he can appreciate me more...and they have just happened to be plakat kings
Meggie6347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:53 PM   #10 
Eduka

My favorite favorite favorite tail type is Rosetail! And I also love Halfmoons :D Favorite color is mustard gas :)

I have CT and VT, though. I have multi and red for CTs. My VTs are blue, teal marble, orange cellophane and a purple-ish butterfly. I don't notice a difference specifically between tail types. I have very feisty and aggressive boys of both. Also have calm, laid back boys of both types.

But that's just my (unfortunately) very limited experience :( I can't find any other tail types at all anywhere around here :/
Eduka is offline   Reply With Quote