Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #31 
ktlelia

A few days ago I spent a good while flying all over Walmart's "tanks" and gave most of what I found 1 star and a comment.
I remember this crap...let's infest the site and let them feel our wrath. >:)
-but for realzie, these crap tanks needs to stop.
ktlelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #32 
lillyandquigly

notice how it says "Sea creature" Imagine what people might put in it, not just bettas:(
lillyandquigly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:46 PM   #33 
Greylady

I posted a negative review on the website but it never showed up, I also sent an email but it won't go through and just keeps saying "the recipients mailbox is full". I just posted another review, not as long as the first one but it went like this

Cruel! Inhumane! Do not buy this death trap! Read the facts regarding Bettas or any other living creature before subjecting them to a slow death in this contraption! Animals, fish, sea creatures of any kind are NOT decorations!!!

I doubt it will show up either. After I post it says "your post will show up within 20 hours pending approval. I doubt it will get past the "approval board" but we can only hope.

How do you "down grade" a review? Someone mentioned that in an earlier post

Last edited by Greylady; 08-02-2012 at 11:48 PM.
Greylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:59 PM   #34 
Greylady

Quote:
Originally Posted by toad View Post
I almost died when I read that review. I actually cringed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser
Someone named alexusk97 Florida, USA used bettafish.com in their review. That is forbidden
He gave it a one star and a bad review. I don't know anything about posting about this forum being forbidden..Why is it forbidden? Just wondering. Anyway, if it points people in the direction of the proper way to care for a betta fish then I say it's a good thing and may keep someone from buying one of those "tanks"

Last edited by Greylady; 08-03-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:16 AM   #35 
jCo72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greylady View Post
I doubt it will show up either. After I post it says "your post will show up within 20 hours pending approval. I doubt it will get past the "approval board" but we can only hope.
Oh no! I hope other people's reviews will be approved.

Quote:
How do you "down grade" a review? Someone mentioned that in an earlier post
Right under the review, it says "Was this helpful?" With a "YES" button and a "NO" button. Then it has numbers just to the right of the links. Just click the no :)
jCo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:32 AM   #36 
Greylady

Quote:
Originally Posted by jCo72 View Post
Right under the review, it says "Was this helpful?" With a "YES" button and a "NO" button. Then it has numbers just to the right of the links. Just click the no :)
Oh OK, I already did that . Thanks for your help
Old 08-03-2012, 06:42 AM   #37 
toad

Quote:
He gave it a one star and a bad review. I don't know anything about posting about this forum being forbidden..Why is it forbidden? Just wondering. Anyway, if it points people in the direction of the proper way to care for a betta fish then I say it's a good thing and may keep someone from buying one of those "tanks"

Either OFL or DQ made a post (I don't remember which thread it was now...) stating that it was forbidden to use this website, or Tropical Fish Keeping in an online review, or a complaining email.

I believe the website gets blamed for when we all gang up on a product or company and spam the heck out of them.

And, it's just flat out unnecessary - if you want them to find us, tell them to google "betta fish keeping" and "find a forum or other website to learn from". They'll end up here, just like I did when I googled for betta fish care.

ETA: My review never showed up, either >.< I posted it days ago, and I posted it here - as you can see, it's perfectly civil, no expletives, etc. No reason for them to delete it, I think!

Last edited by toad; 08-03-2012 at 06:47 AM.
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #38 
eaturbyfill

Betta stuff at stores keeps getting crueler and crueler. Ugh. It makes me sick how people treat fish.
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #39 
ktlelia

Oh dang I hope your reviews get through!! Mine did after one day. Maybe they don't check them over weekends...?

Last edited by ktlelia; 08-03-2012 at 03:54 PM.
ktlelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:11 PM   #40 
MadameDesu

Oh my god, this is so despicable.
This is how people at my college treat their fish and it infuriates me.
Honestly, I was more irritated with the positive reviews for this product. All the people that say the fish is happy and it's ok because of the freaking rice paddies. IF I COULD DO ANYTHING, I'D KILL THAT MYTH.
Fish are not decorations! And any parent who buys this for their kid is just teaching them to be uncaring and irresponsible.
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote