Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #1 
Pwned

2012 Summer Olympic Commercial. BAD BAD BAD!!

So here I am, watching the 2012 Summer Olympics. During a commercial break, comes this commercial for Bounty paper towels. Okay, good enough... OH GOD!! There were some goldfish in a bowl in the commercial. It really ticks me of that they thought that having those goldfish in that bowl was okay and then showed it to a BILLION people, only to have a bunch of little kids beg their parents to buy them a goldfish to put in a bowl. Ticks me off. They gave thousands of goldfish around the world a major death sentence. "If there are goldfish in a bowl in an Olympic commercial, then it must be okay, right?" That's what tons of people will be saying to PetSmart employees. Great
Pwned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #2 
thekoimaiden

I haven't seen that. Mistreatment of goldfish hits a nerve with me. Ignorance is no excuse. When will people learn?
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:16 PM   #3 
thekinetic

I have a goldfish bowl, it's my hospital tank when my little guys get sick. Would never make it a permanent home though. Luckily when my six year old niece wanted some fish my dad (her grand dad) was there to get her a tank kit instead of a bowl.

I still smack myself in the back of the head for almost putting a betta in one. >.<
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:19 AM   #4 
Pilot00

Had done the error with a black moore when i was 7 years old kept him for two months and one night i threw too much food in the bowl. I though: He will eat as much as he needs and i remove the exess tomorrow...
Couldnt stop crying for a week afterwards.

I really hope that people stop using fish in bowls and as easy pets.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #5 
iElBeau

Omg, I saw that yesterday when I was watching with my little sister! I said the same thing to her D: She looked at me and was like... "When did you become a crazy fish lady?" lol. Least she has enough sense to know it's wrong tho!
iElBeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:30 AM   #6 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I saw a commercial with a Betta in an unfiltered unheated open top no decorations with a purple Betta it was for a doll.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ammonia, bowl, goldfish, torture, water