Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #1 
marshamore

divider suggestions

okay, so in an effort to cut down on three one gallon tanks, i purchased a ten gallon awhile back, and allowed it to cycle properly.

last night, i put one divider in ( it was the only one i had handy. ), and had blue on one side, sparta on the other.

they've had a history of jumping dividers before, those two ... and i decided to leave them alone for the night, to go about their flaring ... but when it came feeding time, only sparta ate. blue was too interested in killing sparta. so i removed sparta, and added dunn. these two, get along just swimmingly. there's very minimal flaring, lots of exploring, and twenty minutes after adding him? he's building a bubble nest.

eventually, i'd like to add another divider for blue. but i need something that he can't see through, or he'll just keel over from the stress, i'm sure.
marshamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #2 
megaredize

i have heard of people doubling the craft mesh if you want to make the divider yourself. Supposedly it still allows good water flow through the double mesh. Here's a link on a DIY divider. This is what i followed when i made mine.
http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/d...ividers-21866/
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #3 
marshamore

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaredize View Post
i have heard of people doubling the craft mesh if you want to make the divider yourself. Supposedly it still allows good water flow through the double mesh. Here's a link on a DIY divider. This is what i followed when i made mine.
http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/d...ividers-21866/
oh that is very helpful! :D i'll need to do this, asap. Thanks so much!
marshamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:22 PM   #4 
kjwarren103

Hmmm I was wondering this same thing. I have one betta, but his tank is small and I can get a free 10 gallon, so I wanted to get one of those and just put a divider in it. I would prefer not to make mine though. Are there any dividers that I can get that they won't be able to see through? If not, I guess I could just put a female on the other side....
kjwarren103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #5 
Eduka

Megaredize, thanks for posting that! I was literally about to go out and buy 4 dividers at $20 each :O This is awesome...
Eduka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #6 
BettaQi

Yay I bought my mesh today!
BettaQi is offline   Reply With Quote