Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2012, 01:12 AM   #1 
CharStarr

Weekend Aquarium Shopping!!

So the other day my husband, my mother and I all went to Big Al's and bought at least $100 worth of aquarium stuff! These bettas of ours just get spoiled rotten I tell ya! My husband just takes me in there and lets me pick out whatever I want lol and on the weekend we're getting either a 5 or a 10 gallon tank for Spyro!! I can't wait =) Ive got everything else for his tank; heater, thermometer, gravel, plants and even a couple of tank mates (spotted red nerite snails) though they won't be put in right away. My husband is going to take my mom's two remaining female bettas (when they were taken out of the 5 gallon, two passed away unfortunately) and put them in at least a 20 gallon with more females and make a sorority; now that we know what to do and how to keep them happy and safe! Anyways; has anyone else been to the LFS or LPS and done some crazy aquarium shopping?
CharStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:09 AM   #2 
shellieca
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharStarr View Post
So the other day my husband, my mother and I all went to Big Al's and bought at least $100 worth of aquarium stuff! These bettas of ours just get spoiled rotten I tell ya! My husband just takes me in there and lets me pick out whatever I want lol and on the weekend we're getting either a 5 or a 10 gallon tank for Spyro!! I can't wait =) Ive got everything else for his tank; heater, thermometer, gravel, plants and even a couple of tank mates (spotted red nerite snails) though they won't be put in right away. My husband is going to take my mom's two remaining female bettas (when they were taken out of the 5 gallon, two passed away unfortunately) and put them in at least a 20 gallon with more females and make a sorority; now that we know what to do and how to keep them happy and safe! Anyways; has anyone else been to the LFS or LPS and done some crazy aquarium shopping?
Definitely, I'm constantly looking at aquariums online & when I go to Petsmart. I've gone from zero aquariums 6 months ago to 3, 2 10g & a 46g. I'm thinking I could get one more, maybe a 50g.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #3 
CharStarr

It's crazy isn't it?! I got Kudo at the end of May as a birthday gift and I didn't know how bad I would get the betta bug! Everytime I go to a pet store now I don't bee line for the small animal section, Im enchanted by the fish!
Old 07-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #4 
lelei

Quote:
It's crazy isn't it?! I got Kudo at the end of May as a birthday gift and I didn't know how bad I would get the betta bug! Everytime I go to a pet store now I don't bee line for the small animal section, Im enchanted by the fish!

I am right there with ya, I started out with one lil fishy ~ 3 months later, I have 2 fishy's and a 5 gal and a 3 gal tank, I am hoping to get my Sapphire in his own 5 gal pretty soon, then I can free up the 3 gal for another fish And what is even more funnier, I got my friend bitten by betta bug too, she has a VT and desperately wants a HM..so I send her pix from Aqua bid..lol..(I'm bad huh)??
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #5 
CharStarr

lelei you are bad, infecting others tsk tsk! Haha =) How are Sapphire and Sammy doing? =)
Old 07-28-2012, 04:40 AM   #6 
choob99

I'm in a pet shop at least 4 times a week and i'm online looking for deals every day! lol I like to stock pile stuff so I always have it available, so if there is a sale or good deal I clear the shelf! lol
choob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:31 AM   #7 
lelei

Quote:
lelei you are bad, infecting others tsk tsk! Haha =) How are Sapphire and Sammy doing? =)
They are doing absolutley wonderful..Thanks for asking..Update..my friend that was looking for her HM..got one..and he is a irradescent..shimmering greenblue./pink combo..stunning..I just did a photoshoot /ws Sammy flaring..I cannot wiat to load em to the forum!!
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote