Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #1 
Seki

The One You Left Behind...

Anyone ever think about that fish? The one you ALMOST got, but then ended up getting a different one? For me, it was a MASSIVE red crowntail male with green iridescence. He was the biggest betta I've ever seen, and he was sooooo lively, flaring at everything and everyone. His fins were gorgeous and long... I had my eye on him until I saw little Drago in his cup and the little guy practically begged me to take him home with me. So I left the red crowntail... but I can't stop thinking about him! If I had a second tank, you can bet he'd be swimming around in there, flaring at his heater and whatnot. Sadly, I just don't have the money to spend on another whole aquarium setup...

So, what about you guys? Anybody still think of the fish they *didn't* get?
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:02 PM   #2 
Shamber

I was at the store yesterday, about to get my first betta. It was between Stephano and this beautiful pearly white with green, pink, and light blue fins. It was sooooo hard to choose! But I saw Stephano in his cup flaring and swimming around super fast, and I knew he was mine. So I left the little white one and went with my handsome blue, red, and turquoise Stephano!
Shamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #3 
Seki

The choices are always so difficult, aren't they? I wish I could take ALL of them home and get them out of their hideous little cups and into nice, big aquariums where they could live happily and swim to their little hearts' content! You better believe I'm saving up for another aquarium kit... unless I can wheedle one out of my family for my birthday! :P
Old 07-28-2012, 05:52 PM   #4 
reggie oaks

Recently, I wen't to the local petshop looking for a red wagtail platy [One of my favorite because it brings color to any tank] When I began my search, didn't help but stopping to look a beautiful group of what turn out to be peppermint platies. I end of with a female Ppmt platy instead of my "first" choice.
Attached Images

reggie oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #5 
Alcemistnv

Oh my god, perfect thread right now.
Well, the other day I went shopping to get supplies for my new tank, and I checked out the bettas. They just redid it where the cups are now suspended and the fish are separated from each other. And ALL the fish were healthy.

Well, I saw TWO stunning fish, but one of them is still in my mind. Now keep in mind, I'm looking for fish #2 soon too.

Well, he was a crown tail. And after taking off the lid, I saw his colors.
A white body with red, blue, and purple accents. He also had white dumbo ears. I mean, I was in AWE. Gorgeous fish, and I wish I had him with me now :(
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:37 PM   #6 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
There was a very cool black betta with a little yellow (I guess he was labeled Mustard Gas) at a nice planted aquarium store.

There was a white and blue spotted veiltail I saw the day before a 10 day trip I was taking, and when I came back he wasn't there of course.

There were several of my favorite color (white with coppery and steel-blue spots, marble I guess?) at Petco but my mom always talked me out of those.
We really don't have the same taste, PLUS she won't admit it but she needs glasses to see small things therefore if it doesn't look flashy but has a really cute face or detail, she can't see it so she thinks the fish I like are "boring little sardines" when to me they have great little details on their markings or face.
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #7 
Seki

Gah, guys, another one I couldn't get today!! He was sooooo gorgeous, though! White doubletail halfmoon with marbling... Ahhh, I wanted him so badly, but my friend was with me and made a very intelligent argument... I had nowhere to put the fish if I got him. Alright, I admit, I really don't have the money or space for another tank and all the accessories to go with it, but... He was so daggone pretty!

On another note, I didn't know Petsmart sold female bettas! O_O
Old 08-07-2012, 04:51 PM   #8 
lelei

Very interesting this is coming up, a friend of mine just recently got a beautiful HM turq male, and when she first showed him to me he was that beautiful irredescent white with blue in the fins, and green and pink sparking all through, omg goregous..

and I wanted one just like him, and was planning on getting one, I saw one, and thought oooh, I want him, then I saw a gorgeous CT mustard gas, and I was in love, then I saw a beautiful green male PK..omg, I was like really how can I choose, so I said I will wait until I can really afford it, and walked away..now after not getting the ones I wanted, I got the ones that needed me..

I ended up with 2 more rescues, and if I had gotten either one, I wouldn't have the room for the rescues, but I still wish I could of gotten the MGCT!!! (but everything happens for a reason)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #9 
fleetfish

I thought I left one behind a few weeks ago, in an empty, shelterless ten gallon tank. I kept seeing her, and telling myself no, not today! but "today" happened, and she's safe now. I swear she was waiting for me. She's stressed, pale, and has some rot on her dorsal. But she's eating and healthy. I'm so glad I didn't pass her by.

And Brunhilda decided to pass away last night ... so I was girl -less ...
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #10 
lelei

Oh, no I am soo sorry for your loss..so nice you got the other one, home and safe, she was waiting for you:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote