Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #11 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant10a View Post
I think getting a pamplet put together on proper betta care, and then bringing them to the pet stores around you, asking them to put some by the betta section, but also to hand them out when they sell the bettas so that people can be knowledgeable. It wouldnt hurt to even have this sites link in it so that people can come here and read up and do some more research and find people who can help in all sorts of problems or just to talk about their bettas!
Maybe making a pdf pamphlet so it can uploaded and printed easily?
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:08 PM   #12 
KevinPham123

Stop this please.

Kevin Pham
KevinPham123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #13 
Ant10a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot00 View Post
Maybe making a pdf pamphlet so it can uploaded and printed easily?
If people want to help put information together, I can create a PDF pamphlet. Even using pictures of people's bettas who would give permission of the use of their photos from this site as would add some flare (pun intended ) to the pamphlet itself.

Then anyone could take it and print it out and pass it around.
Ant10a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:14 PM   #14 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant10a View Post
If people want to help put information together, I can create a PDF pamphlet. Even using pictures of people's bettas who would give permission of the use of their photos from this site as would add some flare (pun intended ) to the pamphlet itself.

Then anyone could take it and print it out and pass it around.
Count me in. Though 20 years in the hobby i am new to bettas (one month almost)
Old 07-30-2012, 04:08 PM   #15 
3l1zabeth

Along with the pamplets, we could go to the petstores and stand by the bettas and give out information, help with what tank they need and what else they need. Also together we need to make a website againest betta abuse and post it on some sites. I have a feeling that we can stop betta abuse.
3l1zabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:15 PM   #16 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3l1zabeth View Post
. I have a feeling that we can stop betta abuse.
Not to be a pessimist. I dont think we can stop it outright. Stupidity cant be cured unfortunately. We can make people more aware though and through it diminish the loses and suffering of those beautiful creatures.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #17 
Twilight Storm

I don't support animal terrorists, or idiots who take things into their own hands and leave hateful things around in pet stores that reflect being either mean or an animal terrorist/ activist. (Mind you i'm not saying anyone IS one, just saying in general!)

I guess it depends on what abuse you are speaking of....... and HOW you go about stopping it. Without knowing those things I can't say I can support a comment like the OP... :/

To change something you need a sound plan that doesn't hurt anyone in any way, and a LOT of effort... like full time effort.... that cuts into your life.

-rant done.
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:57 PM   #18 
lelei

There is somone on the forum actually doing this, putting together a Data sheet advising people how to properly take care of a betta, and what they need, and is hoping to be able to distribute it to Petco's and Petsmarts, and the like.. to get the information out there, Also there is a Petition that can be signed on Change.org for Walmart to stop selling tanks under 1 gallon for betta fish, and there is a Facebook page for "Betta Awareness Day" that you can foward to some friends to like and help get some information out there..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #19 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3l1zabeth View Post
whos with me? Just comment your name if you want to end betta abuse.
But with this picture just print this out, and ask for signatures, on a flyer with this picture, and bring it to a Petsmart/Petco, and ask for a permit to do it, to stand out there for a lil while to attract the consumers going into the Petco's and get as many signatures as possible and send to Change.org, or Care2Causes.org which may also help to get some media attention in some way..It has to be a postitive result and it definately has to be thought out, and starting with that picture on a flyer may help.
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:09 AM   #20 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Storm View Post
I don't support animal terrorists
A bit off topic but i have to ask. What is an animal terrorist? I am not familiar with the term.