Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-31-2012, 12:03 PM   #31 
Pilot00

Great idea, perhaps you can have sjones pdf available for a download?
It will be a good way to spread the word. We can also have the web area linked to our sigs with your permission ofc.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:17 PM   #32 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3l1zabeth View Post
I just made a website for ending betta abuse. I want to make a difference for bettas that are being starved to death everyday. The website is called: stopbettaabuse.weebly.com and i will add more every week. Please check it out and then post on the blog there if you will do the things it mentions and i think together we can end betta abuse. you all have very good ideas. I think that when people attach the pamplets we can print some out and take them to local petstores.

Oh this is awwsum, we just have to get the information to the right people, and places that need it most..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:20 PM   #33 
lelei

I got this message..

We did not find results for: stopbettaabuse.weebly.com. Try the suggestions below or type a new query above.

Is anyone else experiencing this error?
Old 07-31-2012, 12:26 PM   #34 
3l1zabeth

I didnt have a error. Make sure it is stopbettaabuse.weebly.com and that it has no spaces and no capitilized letters. I can upload anything u want to it, so just let me know.
3l1zabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:43 PM   #35 
JadeAngel

The walmarts in our area (there are 3 within 12 miles of my house) all keep their bettas not only in those tiny betta cups... but they keep them in a blue colored water that almost never gets deeper than 2 inches.

There is a website called Change.org where people make petitions, and sometimes when they get enough signatures the company being pressured actually takes action to correct something.

Does anyone know of something like this? I know it's only 1 retail chain, but walmart is the biggest retail giant in the world, and I've met a lot of people who ignorantly think bettas are fine to keep in tiny bowls because walmart sells them in amazingly small amounts of water.

I feel bad that my betta only has a 2 gallon tank, and when I can afford it I'm going to get him a 5 galon tank instead. If anyone knows of such a petition, or makes one, please let us know.

Edit: didn't see the link before, I will check it out for sure

Last edited by JadeAngel; 07-31-2012 at 12:47 PM.
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:47 PM   #36 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3l1zabeth View Post
I didnt have a error. Make sure it is stopbettaabuse.weebly.com and that it has no spaces and no capitilized letters. I can upload anything u want to it, so just let me know.
I did a copy and paste..stopbettaabuse.weebly.com --I am going to try again..
Old 07-31-2012, 12:51 PM   #37 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
The walmarts in our area (there are 3 within 12 miles of my house) all keep their bettas not only in those tiny betta cups... but they keep them in a blue colored water that almost never gets deeper than 2 inches.

There is a website called Change.org where people make petitions, and sometimes when they get enough signatures the company being pressured actually takes action to correct something.

Does anyone know of something like this? I know it's only 1 retail chain, but walmart is the biggest retail giant in the world, and I've met a lot of people who ignorantly think bettas are fine to keep in tiny bowls because walmart sells them in amazingly small amounts of water.

I feel bad that my betta only has a 2 gallon tank, and when I can afford it I'm going to get him a 5 galon tank instead. If anyone knows of such a petition, or makes one, please let us know.

Edit: didn't see the link before, I will check it out for sure
There is a "Bettafish Awareness Day"on Change.org and a Petition that is already in the works for "Walmart to stop selling tanks under 1 gallon to betta fish" on Change.org, and there is another one called "Care2Cause" and I have sent them an e-mail with my concerns regarding Walmart, and Petco.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:01 PM   #38 
lelei

Here are just a few at Care2Cause Sign these petitions, and print them and take them with you for more signatures.

Stop Inhumane Betta Fish Confinement - The Petition Site

http://www.care2.com/news/member/727863462/3397942

<LI class=title>The Truth about Betta Fish - The Petition Site
<LI class=title>Save the Betta Fish - The Petition Site
Old 07-31-2012, 01:03 PM   #39 
lelei

This is the Walmart One..

Stop Betta (fighting fish) Abuse at Wal-mart - The Petition Site
Old 07-31-2012, 01:08 PM   #40 
lelei

OOh I am soo glad someone already did this one...
Walmart Stop Selling the Lavaquarium - The Petition Site