Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #11 
indjo
TFK Moderator

If you plan on breeding and showing, I suggest you get ones from reliable breeders and not support bad stores. In the long run you will be helping the species and yourself.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:56 PM   #12 
Anitax3x

+1 indjo

when you buy those sick fish in those little cups you help support the store in buying and mistreating more fish. I agree that if you can get them to give you the fish free, then take the fish. Also if your plans are to breed, I would stay away from petco/petsmart/walmart like the plague. It is sad and complaining can get something done about it too. But coming in and buying them just makes room for more fish to sit and rot IMO.

Oh so sad. I was in Walmart today for other things and I saw to VT's just wasting. I was like, I hope they stop selling fish here because this is wrong.
Anitax3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:16 PM   #13 
vilmarisv

Well, if you have the money to spend on an import, might eventually want to breed, and you found a fish you just adore, then go with the AB fish.
If you mainly want a pet, there's beautiful fish at the LPS. You just have to give yourself time and not pick just about anyone. Before I switched to show fish I found stunning fish at Petco that, at that time, were perfect in my eyes.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #14 
choob99

All depends on what your planning to do. If you plan on breeding and\or showing then obviously you need to get show fish, but if just a pet, there are some really beautiful bettas in pet stores, may not be "perfect" fish but there are many beautiful ones
choob99 is offline   Reply With Quote