Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

We watched more swimming today and some gymnastics, too.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #12 
Sakura8

I'll probably be off most of the next two weeks watching. All the good stuff is from 7-midnight on the west coast, plus some more good stuff from 1 AM on. That means I must sleep during the day. o.O
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #13 
Pilot00

I have lost my interest in Olympics around 2000. So many anabolics, every year a gold metal is returned because they developed new tests and athlete x won sport y by using z drug.

Plus they even put pause to the world war in order to host the Olympics, yet nowdays not even that seems to happen.

The cynic in me keeps telling me that the ideal is lost and its just a fancy show nowdays...
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:15 PM   #14 
Sakura8

I think that the Olympics is too highly political these days and for once, I'd really like to see someone from a poor, small country win a big medal in a highly-watched sport instead of the usual "superpowers."
Old 07-30-2012, 05:00 PM   #15 
Pilot00

You know, i used to remember that most of the time in the running/marathon events most countries that had an advantage/won were usually from Africa.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:16 PM   #16 
kfryman

Sakura, I think it is sychronized swimming, it is some type of swimming... My sister knows one of the girls, kind of cool to watch someone you know on the Olympics.

I have been making fun of British terms when I am watching the Olympics lol. Like the call flashlights torches and all that, quite fun! I think the sport I have watched the most is swimming, but I wanna watch Bolt race and see if he breaks another World Record.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:40 PM   #17 
Sakura8

Yeah, the African countries are so good at running because that's basically the main mode of transporation in so many countries: your feet.

Kfry, that's awesome! I know there are a couple of swimmers from around here who made it. Haven't seen them yet though.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:11 PM   #18 
Rosska

I'm just back from London today. Went down to see the swimming on saturday night. It was really awesome, but we were ten rows from the back, so all the swimmers looked really tiny <:

Team GB aren't doing that great, but I'm really happy for that 15 year old Lithuanian girl that got the gold today in the womens 100m breaststroke. That was a really exciting race!

Quote:
I have been making fun of British terms when I am watching the Olympics lol. Like the call flashlights torches and all that, quite fun!
Well, fair play ;3 We here in the United Kingdom like to giggle when you Americans talk about pants when referring to trousers. :P
Rosska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #19 
Sakura8

I love UK terms. I always crack up when listening to the BBC and they talk about some big financial CEO being sacked. It sounds so much better than "fired."
Old 07-31-2012, 05:17 AM   #20 
Catfish Billy

Since I live in England, I actually watched some football and badminton at the venues. Football: I watched Mexico vs. Gabon and Republic of Korea vs. Switzerland. Badminton: 4 hours of it (too many games to list)!

EDIT: @Rosska +1 XD
Catfish Billy is offline   Reply With Quote