Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-31-2012, 05:02 AM   #21 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Yeah, the African countries are so good at running because that's basically the main mode of transporation in so many countries: your feet.
Actually is more of an evolutionary trait. Their bodies are used to larger amounts of oxygen intake and they build up muscles at quite a larger ratio.

Have gonne shopping today and i heard some people speaking that the Olympic flame burned out and they relight it or something. Is that true?

EDIT: I confirmed it, apparently they wanted to transport the altar and they relight it the next day. Thats the first time it happens in history ^^

Last edited by Pilot00; 07-31-2012 at 05:05 AM.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:19 AM   #22 
nel3

im watching the olympics but am mostly dissapointed with the event coverage on the television. i know the big stations like airing the main events that bring the most viewers. i dont mind watching swimming ie Canada, Lochte vs Phelps or any other mainstream sports but its the greatest weakness of the games coverage. you can consider this post as a rant if you please, i feel as if it is one persoanlly.

they air such mainstream events on tv all the time regardles if its the olympics or not. i dont think ive ever been 100% satisfied with any summer olympics television coverage. they dont show any "fringe" sports. these events are just as important as the mainstream events but theres less public interest in them. im talking about table tennis, archery, badminton, shooting and other such sports. they never air such events on the big stations whenever the mainstream sports are present. these sports are lucky enough to even air for the final rounds or even be mentioned. i personally would love to watch such events on tv. id love to see the qualifying to semis on such events but the stations dont even bother to do so most of the times. the stations claim to show full coverage of the olympic events but they're quite happy to (for the most part) ignore tv coverage of the other sports that dont have the same level of viewers as the popular ones.

it seems the only way to see the whole range of events during the olympics is to hop on an airplane and get some event tickets to the other events not aired on main tv stations. to me thats just not fair to the many millions of people interested in the olympics.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #23 
Sakura8

NBC's coverage has been so-so. They are showing a massive amount of coverage, it's just most of it is on at inconvenient times (read: 3AM). What they don't air on TV is live or streaming online but I have yet to take advantage of that as it requires some kind of registration process that I don't want to go through. Unfortunately, many of the sports I like to watch are only online, like equestrian.

Personal reflections so far are that:
1) Tired of Michael Phelps.
2) Britain got robbed of a silver in men's team gymnastics
3) I feel so bad for America's John Orozco in gymnastics. He's a really good guy and it's too bad the nerves got to him.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #24 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
NBC's coverage has been so-so. They are showing a massive amount of coverage, it's just most of it is on at inconvenient times (read: 3AM). What they don't air on TV is live or streaming online but I have yet to take advantage of that as it requires some kind of registration process that I don't want to go through. Unfortunately, many of the sports I like to watch are only online, like equestrian.

Personal reflections so far are that:
1) Tired of Michael Phelps.
2) Britain got robbed of a silver in men's team gymnastics
3) I feel so bad for America's John Orozco in gymnastics. He's a really good guy and it's too bad the nerves got to him.
NBC is the main one im watching along with CBC. CBC is similar to NBC. have you found any better station thats more convenient yet?

im not tired of Phelps but its intersting too see him on the other side of the coin where Lochte has taken his place.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:56 PM   #25 
Sakura8

So far, no. Just NBC. :( I don't even have CBC as an alternative. In fact, the only CBC program that I'm familiar with is a radio program called Q, hosted by Jian Ghomeshi. My local public radio station picked it up and airs it weekday evenings. I love it.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote