Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #11 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
No problem. My vote is new male in 5.5 gallon and not settler, 1 gallon. But, you're the keeper. You decide.

Oh, and I'm so sorry. I mean, in your other thread. I hope everything gets better for you. Don't worry. What must go down, must come up. Like Bettas for example, they explore on the bottom, they must go up for air. :)
Thank you so much Lebron. I hate to sound so unsure, but just want them all comfortable, and Beau has not seemed to like his 5.5 this whole time. Okay then...Beau is moving, and new guy is getting the 5.5! Is it okay after acclimating the new guy to just put him in? I just did a 100% yesterday. I truly hope that Beau feels better in the smaller setting. At least I'll be able to observe his eating habits easier.

And thanks again for the encouragement in regards to my journal. I know things will get better soon. It's all good!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #12 
dramaqueen
Banned

I would go ahead and move the one who isn't eating into the 1 gallon. He might like the smaller space better and like you said you can keep a better eye on him.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:33 PM   #13 
LebronTheBetta

Yes, as long as there are no problems with Beau besides hardly eating you can put the new male in after acclimation. I hope he gets better. Your welcome, I've been through very hard times, too don't worry. After a while, it gets better.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #14 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I would go ahead and move the one who isn't eating into the 1 gallon. He might like the smaller space better and like you said you can keep a better eye on him.
Thank you DQ...I'm thinking he might do better there also. Well, I'm just about to move the new guy into the 5.5! Sigh...then I need to do a water change on Buddy's tank...I'm thinking that might wait until tomorrow lol. I'm tired. Can't wait for ya'll to see the new guy! He was listed as a "dragon scale", but his water was so dirty I couldn't tell. He is very active though, and other than a small "bite" out of his tail, I think he will do well! Now, for a name lol.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:08 PM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

Someone posted a pic awhile ago of a red, white and blue dragon that was gorgeous. I can't wait to see yours.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:13 PM   #16 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Yes, as long as there are no problems with Beau besides hardly eating you can put the new male in after acclimation. I hope he gets better. Your welcome, I've been through very hard times, too don't worry. After a while, it gets better.
Your support and help are much appreciated Lebron...thanks.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:20 PM   #17 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Someone posted a pic awhile ago of a red, white and blue dragon that was gorgeous. I can't wait to see yours.
I think I saw that one too DQ...really gorgeous. You should have heard the sigh my husband let out when I called him from the pet store where I was "just going to get Bella her new tank" lol...When I asked about the new fish he said, "No"..and there was like 3 seconds of silence on both ends, then he says, "Do I ever say "No" to you"?? LOL...
Old 07-29-2012, 12:58 AM   #18 
choob99

Its all daunting when your number of bettas first starts to climb but once you get your new schedule working and you know whats going on you will fall right into it, soon it won't matter if you have 4 or 40 lol, once you get a routine and a schedule things just work
choob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:08 PM   #19 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by choob99 View Post
Its all daunting when your number of bettas first starts to climb but once you get your new schedule working and you know whats going on you will fall right into it, soon it won't matter if you have 4 or 40 lol, once you get a routine and a schedule things just work
I so agree...it took me half the time today to do Buddy's tank as it did last week. I'm getting a routine down, and keeping a tank log.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #20 
LizzyP

Pictures!! :)
LizzyP is offline   Reply With Quote