Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-28-2012, 11:40 PM   #1 
katiemcginnis

DIY 90 Gallon Plywood - Help

So, as per my previous thread, it appears I need to get a much bigger tank to house my baby goldfish and "sucker" fish.

I found a tutorial online. I have tools, but I've never built anything before. Here's a list of what (I think) I need:

Regular inch Plywood
48 1/2 x 18 1/2 x 25 3/8 tank

One sheet (bottom): 48 1/2 x 18 1/2
Top sheet: Take off 1 inch from 48 1/2 x 18 1/2
Two sides sheet: Take off 1 inch from 18 1/2 x 25 3/8
Two front/back sheets: Take off from the height of 25 3/8
One sheet of glass: Take off two inches from all four sides of the cut front/back sheets

Needed:
Gallon of Liquid rubber/pond coat
2" drywall screws every 1.5-2"—a few
Gorilla wood glue
Sillicone

OK, so my plan is to get the plywood pre-cut at Menards, gorilla glue the wood together, screw in (with drill) base to four sides, slather the entire thing with 1-2 coats of pond coating, silicone in a acrylic panel, paint it white, and then make do with a table for stand. On the top, I'd cut two viewing panels, size not yet determined, and silicone in acrylic, too.

I'd then buy a filter, no need for a heater--discover a ton of rocks in the local pond, and put my rescue goldfish and sucker fish inside.

Is it really so easy, or am I missing something? (I mean, don't get me wrong: I'm sure it's complicated--but for making a giant tank, it doesn't seem that bad.)
katiemcginnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Sounds good.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote