betta fish

Old 07-29-2012, 01:20 AM   #11 
hannahluvsherbetta

This mine is a little thinner than this fish
Attached Images

hannahluvsherbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:24 AM   #12 
LebronTheBetta

That is a very skinny fish! Get him live or frozen food PRONTO! He'll possibly eat those since Bettas love them. Or even freeze dried. That's known to bloat but your fish needs that right now. Or even pellets soaked in garlic juice. It can enhance the smell and taste of the pellet to make the Betta want to eat it. Hope he eats soon!!
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:26 AM   #13 
Greylady

oh my, that's a skinny fish
Greylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #14 
hannahluvsherbetta

Thanks for the help!! I just got my betta not to long ago i didnt really think of the size of the fish when i bought him... i had a female betta before this one and she was fat. Lol now i got a really skinny one. Ive been feeding thid one a little extra everytime to get him bigger
Old 07-29-2012, 11:58 AM   #15 
LebronTheBetta

OK, that's good. When his belly is normal sized, you could feed him normally instead of extra. :)
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #16 
Aus

What's his poo like? If it's like string and has a lot of white in it, he could have internal parasites.

Normal betta poop is the colour of whatever you're feeding them. If it looks pretty normal, slowly increase his nutrition with live food and good quality pellets.

I've had two very thin fish - one had a terrible parasite problem that led to many other health issues until he died. The other is just weedy and stunted, and never has grown or filled out, he also has many health issues but is still kicking on -- they are from the same store, my guess is the same supplier, too. All my other fish are fat and super healthy. I've found good food and very clean water works to keep my weedy guy as good as he gets.

Last edited by Aus; 07-29-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #17 
lelei

Does your fish have a heater in the tank, and what size is the tank? also what kind of food are you feeding him, if he is not eating it, you may want to switch to another type of food, preferably something that entices a betta to eat, with a lot of protein, and very small, sometimes if you feed a pellet too big they will not eat it, if your not watching what they are taking in, you might think he's eating and is not, if your pellets are sinking, or are you feeding flakes?
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #18 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahluvsherbetta View Post
I have a male CT betta and yo get it to eat you have to literary put the food right above him. And he is really thin. And he keeps searching for food at the bottom of his bowl and i keep trying to get him to eat. (I just got him yesterday) he also tried to eat a pebble. What should i do? Should i be worried? ?
You mention bowl?? it sounds like he's cold, and will refuse food, if he's not happy..
Old 07-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #19 
hannahluvsherbetta

He eats it i watch him eat a few then he will search for more. I feed him what the food bottle told me to but i do feed it extra to get him bigger. I feed him pellets. ....his poop looks like a rock. It black and it looks hard. But his food is a orangey color.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #20 
lelei

How many a day, the norm would be 2-3 pellets, 2-3x a day, about 6-8 a day for a healthy diet:)

Tags
fish emergency, fish health