Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-30-2012, 11:26 AM   #1 
labloverl

Do bettas like color-changing lights?

Do they? I have a little light feature that changes color, and I was wondering if my bettas would like it if it was next to their tank.
labloverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #2 
lelei

I have a Hawkeye color changing LED light in my Sapphire's tank, and when I change the colors, he is constantly lookin up to see what color it is going to be, it is very interesting how they notice, when a color is changing, as soon as I go to press the button, and he senses it, he comes racing to the top to watch the colors change, and I watch him doing it, so I beleive he likes it, as well as my first fish that was in that tank, my Sammy, he is in a 5 gal, now and it does not have color changing lights, I wonder if he misses it?? lol
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:08 PM   #3 
labloverl

Oh, that's cool that your's watch them! I just wondered if the light was constantly changing colors, if it would stress them out? The light feature I have changes colors constantly.

I plan on using it at night along with a small, white light to use as a night light. That way, I can see them at night for a little while without having the 2 15w tank lights on. Am I right to think that the fish would prefer the nightlight (moonlight) stage over the full "daylight" stage? Can they be in "moonlight" for a few hours before going completely dark?
Old 07-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #4 
lelei

Betta's do have a rest/sleep cycle like our own, so if the light is on for a few hours, then shuts off, because I shut off both tank lights at night when we all go to bed, hahaha..me and my daughter, and the fishy's but moonlight would be a better option that a bright light, too much light will stress them out, if they don't get a good night's rest..like us:)
Old 07-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #5 
lelei

There should be a way to keep the light steady mode, instead of blinking or randomly changing all the time, what type of tank is it?
Old 07-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #6 
labloverl

It's not actually for a tank. It's just a decoration thing.

With whatever nightlights I use, it would just be for a few hours, before going completely dark for the night.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:22 PM   #7 
lelei

Oh yea, that is fine:)