Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #1 
teeneythebetta

Unhappy Swim in peace, Tiny...

A couple days ago I noticed Tiny looked a bit bloated. I figured it was due to overfeeding. So I lessened the amount I fed her... she was still bloated. So yesterday I cleaned her tank and noticed her scales were raised. And she wouldn't eat. I put some maracyn 2 in her tank as well as epsom salt.. This morning I found her, completely white. She was gone. Shes only been with me for 9 days, I feel awful for not connecting the bloating to dropsy earlier... Swim in peace, my little girl.
7/19/12-7/28/12...

teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:29 AM   #2 
katrina89

:( im sorry
katrina89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #3 
LebronTheBetta

I'm so sorry!! I guess it's my fault... S.I.P. Tiny. May you be illness free in the waters of the rainbow bridge. :')
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #4 
teeneythebetta

Thanks guys.
LTB- what do you mean, it's your fault?

The scum employees at the pet store are at fault. Considering she was one of the three bettas out of ten that didn't appear to have dropsy. And she did. >:l
Old 07-29-2012, 10:06 AM   #5 
LebronTheBetta

I was the one to tell you to keep on treating and TRYING to keep her comfortable rather than euthanizing. 8( It was my fault that she suffered so much pain... D'X
Old 07-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #6 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
I was the one to tell you to keep on treating and TRYING to keep her comfortable rather than euthanizing. 8( It was my fault that she suffered so much pain... D'X
Don't beat yourself up LTB. Its not your fault. I could've made that decision myself. I was hoping it was possible to treat.

To be honest I don't think I could euthanize. I know exactly how to do it humanely but I don't think I would be able to do it myself. I almost did it to pandora but she died a few minutes before I was heading to the store to get clove oil. I was balling at the thought of doing it.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #7 
LebronTheBetta

I was hoping, too. Why does Dropy have to exist? Some fish from every continent experience it. Stupid bacteria. >:I
Old 07-29-2012, 12:31 PM   #8 
TigerRegalia

I'm so sorry for your loss :'(
TigerRegalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #9 
MSG

Sorry to hear about Tiny

I'm not sure if you can blame the people who work at the fish place. I think most of these fish were probably sick from wherever they were shipped from.

• Luckily for me all 9 of my female bettas were just STRESSED, but I made sure to check every betta they had and very few maybe 2 out of the shipment might have been sick, but not from dropsy.
  • My biggest problem I've had with my girls is trying to get them to get along with one another. They love to harass one another.
  • I definitely don't spoil them other than trying to fatten them up a little if they're looking thin in the beginning.
  • Also I haven't even used a heater for them because their tanks are always steady at 78-85 degrees.

I even went to PS yesterday during the HUGE 3 hour rainstorm & looked through their selection & nothing caught my eye. Most of the bettas had clean cups, some had clamped fins, but 6 were actively exploring their cups, staring at me & doing handstands.

• Also if you did buy Tiny from Petsmart, you could bring her back for store credit if you bring a sample of the water. They have a 15 day guarantee but I've NEVER had to use it.

Please be more cautious if you plan on getting another one from the stores. Walk away if the fish look ill or don't grab your attention.

That's how I ended up getting bettas in the first place.

I'm 90% sure if I had chosen the bettas you did I would have lost all of them as well.

At least you still have Teeney & she looks really happy & healthy.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:37 PM   #10 
lelei

Oh no, Teeney, I'm soo sorry for your loss, happened soo suddenly, and there is no control over that, sometimes you just have that time, with your lil friend that is alotted, and you never know, I just adore that pic of her, and that is how I will remember her...that is so precious!!! SIP~ Tiny~ under the Rainbow Bridge
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote