Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-31-2012, 09:14 AM   #21 
bettasareawesome

Location: Iowa, Midwest, USA, North America, Earth, The Sol Star System, Milky Way
I'd Say get one I mean really it's the poor things life.
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:39 AM   #22 
Desstai

There is hope if you don't buy them. Our walmart has stopped carrying bettas all together for the last 3 years "because they don't sell well enough."

It's a gruesome sacrifice, but it's worth it in the end to save the lives of thousands of future bettas that will not be shipped out to our local walmarts.
Desstai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:54 AM   #23 
mamanemeth1

Well I had gone to the Walmart that is close to my parent's town before heading back home. I went straight to the Betta section and to my complete surprise, someone or more than one individual took all 5 bettas that were sitting there the day I posted this. I first got worried so I went looking for an employee and she said that they get bought fast at their Walmart there. I could have cried and that's what I get for not knowing their Walmart well at all. So, there ARE angels among us who have blessed those little guys with a home.

So since I couldn't get one from there I went to my Walmart to check on the bettas. There was a whole lot of them BUT maybe only two had their fins kind of damaged. But all were in poo for water. So I asked the lady there if she thinks their water is clean and she said and I suggested cleaning them to her. So she did!! And then I got my new little guy, Casper who I'm renaming though. Haha!
mamanemeth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:58 AM   #24 
Pilot00

I wonder why the people that work there need to be reminded that fish need clean water...
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:04 AM   #25 
mamanemeth1

I have no idea. It's ridiculous. They shouldn't look passed the need of hiring someone for that section who knows and cares what they're doing for the fish.
mamanemeth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:09 PM   #26 
athenr3134

i love this forum too and i am brand new!!! i don't actually own a Betta but im babysitting for one who recently got sbd and fin rot so I'm nurturing it back to health!! talk to them and even pet them it helps a lot!!! :)
athenr3134 is offline   Reply With Quote