Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-29-2012, 10:23 PM   #11 
CandiceMM

I'm so sorry for your loss, don't beat yourself up. It wasn't your fault, and you did everything you could to try and help her.
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:40 PM   #12 
bettalover929

I'm so sorry about your Siren :( You shouldn't feel guilty because it was only an accident. You responded correctly, and did everything to help her. Things happen. R.I.P Siren.
bettalover929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:03 PM   #13 
JessSH

Thanks you guys. I am trying not to feel too bad because like you said it was truly an accident & I did everything I could. I also went to PetCo to get a different filter in my divided 10 gallon & I saw a female betta maybe 6 months old or so who looked exactly like Siren except she has some red spots on her head. Right next to her was another female, she's a beautiful black/blue CT. Both were in bad shape so I picked them both up because both sides of my tank are empty now. (The other side was already empty, I was going to look for her tankmate today anyways.) I like to think she gave her life so 2 fish that were clearly suffering can live. The CT is named Amazon & the one that looks like Siren is going to be named Siren II. My new girls seem to kind of like each other. I'm patching up that hole & double checking the lid & divider just to make sure nothing else can happen. I do not want to lose another fish, one is one too many...
JessSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:23 PM   #14 
Bettanewbie60

I'm so sorry about Siren! hugs...Congrats on the new rescues, they are very lucky you found them!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote