Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-01-2012, 03:19 AM   #1 
ktlelia

Flaring towards certain people?

Ok so I'm noticing a pattern with Lychee. Lately he's been flaring at my boyfriend Ross...like full on flaring and smacks the side of the tank with his tail. He doesn't stop unless I put my hand on the tank glass and he literally clamps up and swims normal towards me or when Ross leaves the room.
He's been doing this since...maybe for a weekish. I don't see anything else physical different from Lychee while this happens.
Lychee has flared towards me when I've been by myself by hasn't smacked the tank walls with his tail all dramatic like.
Ross is not new to Lychee Berry. Ross doesn't live with me but has seen my Lychee multiple times.
So my question is why do you think Lychee is acting this way towards my boyfriend?
Sorry if this is a silly question but I'm just curious if there is a reason to his showing-off-ness.
ktlelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:49 AM   #2 
ktlelia

Whelp, I did my research once I got home from work (I started this thread on my lunch break) and I'm gonna just guess Lychee is feeling threatened by Ross all of a sudden, though he never acted this way before. Oh well, at least Lychee is healthy, haha.
Just concerned if Ross is going to end up stressing my fish child eventually, but I'm sure it'll be fine.
Maybe Lychee is trying to show off his macho beard to Ross who has a goatee.
Must be a man thing.
ktlelia is offline   Reply With Quote