Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #1 
finnfinnfriend
Member
 
finnfinnfriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Are solid white veiltails hard to find at petsmart?

I've suddenly taken a liking to them and I was just wondering...
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #2 
LittleWatty
Member
 
LittleWatty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: In progress to California
I find more white ones at Petsmart than I do at Petco. But, most Petsmarts use the blue water, so its hard to tell if they're a true white.
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #3 
MrVampire181
Member
 
MrVampire181's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Colorado
They're hard to find in general. VTs are such a crap shoot. Whites from pet stores are generally just marbles that marble out later.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #4 
finnfinnfriend
Member
 
finnfinnfriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
They're hard to find in general. VTs are such a crap shoot. Whites from pet stores are generally just marbles that marble out later.
Well then I hope I roll a seven
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:56 PM   #5 
MrVampire181
Member
 
MrVampire181's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Colorado
Also it depends on the supplier and shipper who goes and who stays.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:59 PM   #6 
MyRainbowBettaFish
Member
 
MyRainbowBettaFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
I found Honeycomb at Petsmart, and he is NOT a common color. But, like Mr.V said, they do tend to change color. You can go to my albums to see that Honeycomb was a PURE yellow with cellophane/white-tipped fins when i got him, but now his pigmentation is turning black with a hint of blue iridsecnese. So yes, they will be hard to find, but you just have to look :D Honeycomb was ALL the way in the back of the back of the shelf. VT's, are kinda what Mr. V said, because they are so commonly bred they tend to "genetically deteriorate" over time .

Good luck!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:24 PM   #7 
teeneythebetta
Member
 
teeneythebetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida
theyre hard to find. Ive seen some at petsmart, but we have different pet stores so that doesnt make a difference.

Good luck!
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:28 PM   #8 
finnfinnfriend
Member
 
finnfinnfriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRainbowBettaFish View Post
I found Honeycomb at Petsmart, and he is NOT a common color. But, like Mr.V said, they do tend to change color. You can go to my albums to see that Honeycomb was a PURE yellow with cellophane/white-tipped fins when i got him, but now his pigmentation is turning black with a hint of blue iridsecnese. So yes, they will be hard to find, but you just have to look :D Honeycomb was ALL the way in the back of the back of the shelf. VT's, are kinda what Mr. V said, because they are so commonly bred they tend to "genetically deteriorate" over time .

Good luck!
Thank you! The only thing is, though, is that I could find a fish that looks like it's solid white and then it marbles later... Bt that's okay, I like they way marbles look too :)
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:03 AM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
Thank you! The only thing is, though, is that I could find a fish that looks like it's solid white and then it marbles later... Bt that's okay, I like they way marbles look too :)
Same here. Poco was white when I got him and now he's a beautiful bright blue. The one in my avatar is still white. I hope he doesn't change colors. He's the most beautiful betta I've ever had.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:16 AM   #10 
finnfinnfriend
Member
 
finnfinnfriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Same here. Poco was white when I got him and now he's a beautiful bright blue. The one in my avatar is still white. I hope he doesn't change colors. He's the most beautiful betta I've ever had.
he is beautiful! That's weird how they change though... Does it happen at a certain age?
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Solid red veiltails.... finnfinnfriend Betta Chat 19 05-07-2012 09:17 PM
rare or hard to find? tracyalexa Betta Chat 30 10-26-2011 02:20 PM
Where can I find quality Veiltails? baylee767 Betta Chat 10 03-07-2011 07:38 PM
why are dals so.... hard to find? Luimeril Breeding Betta Fish 20 03-02-2011 12:13 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.