Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-31-2012, 06:15 PM   #11 
lvandert

I thought that helped get rid of the bacteria, my bad. +1 to Aus
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:50 PM   #12 
fairyring78

@Aus But isn't fluke an external parasite? Couldn't aq salt be used to treat it? Estabon has not been in contact with any live plants or food, where could the fluke have come from?

When he was infected with ick, I placed him in a quarantine tank and I washed it with boiling water each time I do a water change. Just to make sure any egg that may have been stuck to the tank dies (this should take care of the fluke problem as well right?)

Also, I don't think it's ick because if he is infected with the resistant form, sooner or later, it should form white spots somewhere on his body and I haven't seen any (I check everyday since the symptoms began).

If the fluke did remain dormant inside him until now, should I take him off the meds and place him in clean water as you've said or should I continue with the aquarium salt and perhaps praziquantel if the symptoms persist? I'm so confused -_-" I just want to see him active and happy again..
fairyring78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:19 PM   #13 
Silverfang

flukes are a different sort of issue. While a parasite, they are tough bug. AQ salt alone won't get it, they hide under scales and the skin when treated with AQ salt.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #14 
fairyring78

Update:

Estabon's condition has progressed...
His gills are now swollen (combined with the scratching, it's most likely gill fluke).
I've been treating him with API General Cure for the past two days but he doesn't seem to respond to it. Any advice?
fairyring78 is offline   Reply With Quote