Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-31-2012, 10:09 AM   #11 
lvandert

yup that sounds like a beardie! lol. Such characters. Most people underestimate the will power and the personality in those guys. My friend had one that was about a foot long he loves to eat peas lol.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:16 AM   #12 
Sena Hansler

Lol Jim prefers live food so we have to trick him...stick a live bug on his lettuce and he is all over it xD kinda like a picky child.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:25 AM   #13 
lvandert

hahaha. Peas roll around he might chase them and think their alive. You could chop up all sorts of veggies real small and then mix the live bugs in with it. That way he has to eat veggies to get to the bugs
Old 07-31-2012, 10:34 AM   #14 
Sena Hansler

That is a good idea!! Thanks lol.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:38 AM   #15 
lvandert

Not a problem. I'm kinda a pet fanatic and even if I haven't had them I try to read on how to care for them lol.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:01 AM   #16 
Sena Hansler

That is good lol. My ex roomie said to squish Jim into a 30 and ALWAYW have the red light on, no sun glow. -sigh- that is also the guy who wanted Jim to sell him for the cage. Nuh uh. MY Jim :) If I so decided to use a 80 gallon for Jim so be it. Overkill or not I don't treat my animals like poo. My *ex* roomie keeps desert iguanas in a 30 gallon TUB. Like a breeder does. He is not a breeder, just an idiot. Also another reason we have a snake from him because she escaped and we found her chillin like a villian after he moved. ....
Old 07-31-2012, 11:33 AM   #17 
lvandert

Oh yeah the little corn snake right? Yeah that guy sounds ignorant. My sister was a vet tech for a while so I kinda learned a bit from her too. She also had a pet African Pygmy Goat for 6 years. He was a therapy animal for her when she became allergic to cats/dogs because of chemo (she had breast cancer). He was spoilt! I've never known a more spoiled animal ever! (although my bunny is pushing it). Being potty trained and crate trained he had full run of the house, slept in bed with her (if he had to go potty in the middle of the night he'd go in his kennel) would lounge on the couch with ya and knew a few tricks. He even got mcdonalds french fries every once in a while. But unfortunately he was diagnosed with leukemia and only lived to be 6. Talk about a character though!

so your beardie getting a 80 gal is just pampering compared to this guy's life lol.
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2012, 11:43 AM   #18 
Sena Hansler

Omg look at the dog "how come he gets to sleep on the couch?"

Well there was a creamsicle female that got out because he did not take note of putting the lid on the tank on properlym found her in a box yesterday lol. So now we have two snakes a beardie AND we may get a cat... White with green eyes... Like... Tree leaf green. Then I have my fish.... LOL!!

Another thing is that Jim is a breeder... But not many people want a bearded dragon at 80-200 dollars haha.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:53 AM   #19 
lvandert

I do! lol. The ones I was looking into getting (it was either a snake or bearded dragon) were the orange fire. but we decided on snake lol
Old 07-31-2012, 12:59 PM   #20 
Sena Hansler

Ooo... Lol well I found a possible Lemon head cross... And a green morph lady.