Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-31-2012, 12:44 AM   #11 
CandiceMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeseeker View Post
I totally know what you mean!!! Been eyeing a cute little cobalt blue w/red in her fins for almost a week and a half.....I brought her home today after work...lol. She's in a temp home until I can afford the rest of the stuff for my 15 gallon sorority. I'm only missing the heater, sand, and a whole lot of plants.....and her 5-6 "roommates"....lol!

Hahahah sounds like you need a lot! hahaha! How fun picking out 6 females! I hope the one I want tomorrow is still there she stood out from all of the other females for sure! You should post pictures!

BTW I am in Washington also!
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:46 AM   #12 
registereduser

I want the blue and white one!

FWIW, I started my sorority with 3 girls at once and they are fine together. They chase now and then but they really are fine. I'm planning to add 5 or 6 more, so that might cause problems but I'm prepared!
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:48 AM   #13 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post

FWIW, I started my sorority with 3 girls at once and they are fine together. They chase now and then but they really are fine. I'm planning to add 5 or 6 more, so that might cause problems but I'm prepared!
Although you will start with the usual nipping, the more girls you have the better because it spreads out the aggression. :)
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:48 AM   #14 
Hopeseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceMM View Post
Hahahah sounds like you need a lot! hahaha! How fun picking out 6 females! I hope the one I want tomorrow is still there she stood out from all of the other females for sure! You should post pictures!

BTW I am in Washington also!
I live in Arlington with my boyfriend. When I texted him about planning on getting her, if she was still there, he just loled me.....HE'S EVEN MAKING HAMMOCKS FOR OUR 2 BOY BETTAS!!!!
Hopeseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:49 AM   #15 
CandiceMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post

I would love a large female sorority!!! How fun!! Maybe one day I can put together a large 30 gallon with a bunch of unwanted females and give them a wonderful life! (Dreaming)
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:53 AM   #16 
tanseattle

Here is my old tank. I just add two more girls so this tank now have 7 girls total and more plants too.

tanseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:45 AM   #17 
Knitterly

I love those, two! They are so pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceMM View Post
All in quarantine, and good to know!! I will look for another female (yeay)!!

And yes!! Those were the names I was thinking but if I get a 4th female I'll have to change it :(

But yeay!! another cutie girl I can adopt and save!!
you could name them after the girls from Charmed.... Pheobe, Piper, Prue and Paige... Just sayin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkles55 View Post
Wow, they're gorgeous! :) hope they get along well when they're put together!
We had 7 in our sorority to start with. We had to yank Lolly out because even after she had cowed the others into accepting her dominance, she would hunt them down in their hiding places and bite them. She would also pick one to follow around relentlessly for hours at a time. Now, Lolly is in a bowl on my desk at work. the other 6 gals stopped nipping after about 2 weeks and actually were fairly settled within an hour of taking Lolly out.

When I brought Captain America home, though, they started getting all riled up and started nipping again. I didn't even stop to think that seeing him in his own tank next to theirs was enough to upset the balance, but it was. So I put up a piece of paper and now they're all good again. Except that Tiger needs to regrow part of her anal fin.
Knitterly is offline   Reply With Quote