Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-30-2012, 11:46 PM   #1 
yayagirl1209

Lymphocystis?

Does this look like lymphocystis? It popped up rather quickly (over about 2 weeks). And I'm suspecting it's from the plants that I didn't quarantine before introducing into my tank. Would have quarantining the plants helped? Would a bleach dip helped? With it being a virus, I'm not sure if any of that would have helped....but I'm trying to learn from my mistakes. Unfortunately at my poor little guys' expense. Sadly I think a second cyst is forming on his dorsal. Poor guy! He's a tail biter and he's got a bit of fin curl from my hard water. And now possible lymphocystis.

I want to jump start a cycle on a new tank. My instinct says to stay away from using filter material or substrate from my only established tank because of the possibility of lymphocystis. I know the virus is shed into the environment after the cyst bursts. But how long does it survive in the environment?
yayagirl1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:42 PM   #2 
Aus

I'm sorry - I don't know much about that disease. I'm mainly posting to bump this in hope someone who is familiar with it will answer.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:46 PM   #3 
yayagirl1209

Thanks for the bump Aus! I know it's not a life threatening emergency....but I'm concerned.
yayagirl1209 is offline   Reply With Quote