Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-31-2012, 12:56 AM   #1 
starr70

Something weird on the glass

Hey everyone I had a red male betta in a 5 gallon tank with a filter. I notice tonight on the inside glass there are little white things in a bunch on one area of the glass. I'm not sure what it is. If I had to describe what it looks like I would have to say itty bitty worms. Is that even possible, I have never seen that before. If it is other then doing 100% water change in which i will do tomorrow what is that and what causes it? Is my betta sick? Ya'll will see me on here a lot because I have 14 betta's.
starr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:28 AM   #2 
Aus

Nothing to worry about. It's either planaria or detritus worms, they multiply when there's too much poop or food or both in the tank. They can't hurt your fish, though they can affect water quality if there's too many. You can simply starve them out by making sure there's no excess food lying around and cleaning your gravel at water changes.

14 bettas? I'm jealous! : )
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:09 AM   #3 
starr70

yes 14 i bought two more last night, one is really sick the other was really big for the awful little cup. They break my heart seeing them in those cups.
starr70 is offline   Reply With Quote