Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #21 
whiskandbowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosthetik View Post
Eugh, an old lady that works at one of the stores here always convinces people to put their Betta's in 1/2 litre bowls [thats 0.1 gallon!] - but I try so hard not to say anything because the people who own the store are really nice & I don't want to get banned lol.
Definitely say something. They can't ban you from a store for voicing your opinion/facts, if you do it calmly and rationally that is.

Ravenwinds, could you print of a good caresheet and give it to them, since they seem to be willing to learn?
whiskandbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #22 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Only the owner can but your plan is great.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #23 
whiskandbowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Only the owner can but your plan is great.
I should rephrase. They could ban you if they really wanted, but that would be a trivial and silly reason to ban someone.
whiskandbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #24 
prosthetik

I know I should I just get really shy when it comes to that stuff lol.
I've noticed over the last week or so though that they are selling bigger 'Betta Bowls' - 2 gallon which isnt much still, but its an improvement from those tiny ones I mentioned earlier.
prosthetik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:42 AM   #25 
ravenwinds

They might look at it but they won't keep it and pass it out to customers...we're talking about corporations, big ones at that! I know how they work, everything there has to be approved by the corporations at the top and they, I am sure, have their "fish expert" on staff....probably that guy from YouTube that talks/writes like a crackhead, ThaiTyBetta!

So, I don't see how it would do much good to print out a care sheet. Honestly, I am just happy my store doesn't seem to believe in selling the baby bettas! I saw 3 in there once (at Petco) and I spoke to manager about how cruel that was...out on the floor where all the customers could hear....wouldn't let her maneuver me to a quieter spot for our discussion! I have never seen them back....every once in awhile there will be a very young one mixed with the others and that is hard enough to take.

Whiskandbowl: I see you have ferrets. Me too...I have 4: Finn, Tristan, Logan (my 2.5 yr old daughter, Oriana, loves her super heroes!), and Daisy (my 5 yr old daughter, Shani, has loved this name since she was 2). Welcome to the weasel war dance!

Last edited by ravenwinds; 10-31-2012 at 02:49 AM. Reason: forgot something!
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:09 AM   #26 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosthetik View Post
I know I should I just get really shy when it comes to that stuff lol.
I've noticed over the last week or so though that they are selling bigger 'Betta Bowls' - 2 gallon which isnt much still, but its an improvement from those tiny ones I mentioned earlier.
talk to them...
I went to pets paradise half a year back, and they were keeping 3 female bettas in the same vase. the lady knew nothing about bettas. all the information she told me was wrong. I told her how to keep a proper soririty and had a lengthy converstation with her. in the end she thanked me an said that she will seperate the fish. the next time I came back I was pleasantly surprise thatthe females were taken out of the 1/4 gallon vase and put in the giant plant tank they had.

if they are selling larger set up it means that they want to improve. but telling them (nicely ofcourse) about the proper way to keep fish, you are actually helping them in many more ways than you know and increasing their field pf expertise.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:28 AM   #27 
prosthetik

Yeah, I really should D:

One place here is really good with the bowls/tanks they sell. They do have those little 1/5 gallon ones, but they only stock a couple at a time, not about 30 like both other places here. & they actually enjoy me coming in & telling them about what tanks I have mine in & how well I look after them, which is why I've ordered my female from them, because they actually care more than the other two places.
prosthetik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #28 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

My Petco hates the bowls but are forced to sell them.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #29 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
My Petco hates the bowls but are forced to sell them.
thats the sad part of most of the "proper" tanks that the stores and companies. the companies rent shelving space and the store is unfortunately obliged to sell such things for bettas. contracts such as that are hard to fight against.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #30 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

If I ever have a Pet store there would be no bowls.