Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-31-2012, 09:08 AM   #1 
sarap

Hello from Norway!

Hi guys
My name is Sara, and just got my first bettas. I can't seem to find a betta forum in Norwegian that is active, so I thought I might as well join this one. I have two VT females and a plakat dumbo male. I'm looking for my fourth betta at the moment, and I'm hoping to find a nice HM male. Too bad the pet shops around here only sells VT og CT males, I have never seen a HM in this part of Norway, and I can't seem too find any breeders either... I'm so jealous of those of you who has Petco and Petsmart nearby! I'm trying to upload a pic of my male, but can't seem to figure it out. You can see him in my avatar, though. I also keep Corydoras together with my Bettas.

Ps! Sorry about my rusty English, I haven't written in English since High School
sarap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:36 AM   #2 
Laki

HI!! Welcome! This forum had members from all over the globe! It's nice to meet you :)

I bet you can ship some HM's in from Thailand? Or somewhere else in Europe? The uk has some hobbyists. Now I don't know the shipping that would be involved! There's mostly VT and CT here too. Every now and then a store gets in HM and they're bought up faster than you can blink.
You can upload a picture by going into the "post reply" link (the quick reply box doesn't have the option) and there's a paper clip in the tabs on the reply box. From there you can upload pictures. Your avatar is not working, you can fix that in the "user cp"! Can't wait to see!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:51 AM   #3 
sarap

Thanks Laki I haven't checked the rules for imports, but I bet it would be quite expensive chipping to Norway, and a lot of work with the quarantine. Perhaps I chould ask the nearby store to order one in for me, but I'm really picky when it comes to fish, and would rather see the fish before I buy it.. I guess I just have to be patient, maybe I'll get lucky

Thanks for the help, I think I was able to upload some pics of my fish.
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2012, 10:49 AM   #4 
Laki

Wow He's really something to look at!! Did you buy him locally? I would NEVER see anything like him in a store here! lol
What's his color called?
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:53 AM   #5 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Welcome to the forum. Your fish is very pretty love the dumbo ears !
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:06 PM   #6 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Hi Sara, welcome to the forum. Your betta is gorgeous.
I'm glad you decided to join us.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:44 PM   #7 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarap View Post
Hi guys
My name is Sara, and just got my first bettas. I can't seem to find a betta forum in Norwegian that is active, so I thought I might as well join this one. I have two VT females and a plakat dumbo male. I'm looking for my fourth betta at the moment, and I'm hoping to find a nice HM male. Too bad the pet shops around here only sells VT og CT males, I have never seen a HM in this part of Norway, and I can't seem too find any breeders either... I'm so jealous of those of you who has Petco and Petsmart nearby! I'm trying to upload a pic of my male, but can't seem to figure it out. You can see him in my avatar, though. I also keep Corydoras together with my Bettas.

Ps! Sorry about my rusty English, I haven't written in English since High School
Hi Sara, I'm so glad you joined us, welcome! Please feel free to ask questions. There are many good people here!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:50 PM   #8 
teeneythebetta

Welcome to the forum sara! Your betta is so pretty!
I have a friend from Norway! You guys have good chocolate lol
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:57 PM   #9 
sarap

Thanks everybody

@teeneythebetta, I know. There's no chocolate in the world like the Norwegian! lol.

I actually bought a new betta today. I just couldn't leave him at the store. He's a CT, his tail is yellowish and his body has a hint of blue. I totaly fell in love. Got him for half the price, because he wasn't looking too well.. Hope he makes it.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:00 PM   #10 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
Welcome to the forum sara! Your betta is so pretty!
I have a friend from Norway! You guys have good chocolate lol
LOL you stole my post teeny. I to have a friend in Norway, Bergen to be precise. Your boy is very handsome Sara.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote