Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-31-2012, 11:54 AM   #1 
JadeAngel

Is this a purple Betta?

This is my new little guy.

My family and friends keep thinking he's blu-ish because my camera keeps adding a blue tint to some shades of color.

So here's the only photo I could get of his true colors (sorry I couldn't get his head, he was napping)

Would you consider this a purple betta? (or rather, would you consider his fins to be purple/lilac/lavender) or am I just going color blind?
Attached Images

JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:56 AM   #2 
Mo

Looks like a copper colored Betta
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:04 PM   #3 
lelei

I see purple/lavender, and gorgeous..He is very beautiful:) If he is irredescent, then he will pick up what ever colors are around him with that pink background it looks like it's reflecting off of him, and if he is like more cellophane, that is why he is looking lavender, try putting a blue background and take pictures, to see if he picks up more blue.
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:15 PM   #4 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
I see purple/lavender, and gorgeous..He is very beautiful:) If he is irredescent, then he will pick up what ever colors are around him with that pink background it looks like it's reflecting off of him, and if he is like more cellophane, that is why he is looking lavender, try putting a blue background and take pictures, to see if he picks up more blue.
It pretty much depends on the lighting. He doesn't have a light in his tank because it's an old one and the light probably floated away when our house was flooded last year because I can't find it (susquehanna flood) So there is enough natural light or you turn on the led lamp, he looks this color regardless of the background since I've experimented with a blue background and no background to see what he seemed more comfortable with (it's just tissue paper until I get something nicer to put there, lol).

If the lighting is poor then you can just see his red, silver body, and the lilac coloring on his tail but not too strongly. (I actually got him because I could see the light purple on his tail and fins in the pet store)

His body I would say is silver, and quite iridescent (I think it's called a dragon betta?) perhaps it's the purple on his tail that gives his body the purple gleam in good lighting?

I've read that some people say their bettas had this color while young but then went all red. Since my guy has some strong red patches I hope he doesn't loose his purple... but I guess he can only be who he is, hehehe
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote