Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-01-2012, 01:59 PM   #31 
kfryman

All you will have to do is trimmings, I think someone on here has baby tears but they grow super slow.

Check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8ESg...2&feature=plcp Thats how baby tears should look.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #32 
SpookyTooth

I LOVE what I've seen so far! I can't wait to see what others come up with!!
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:18 PM   #33 
bettasloveme

I see. I just got a idea on how to do this.
bettasloveme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #34 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
I want to do one, but I am tempted to do an emersed setup, can I still post it if I do lol. I am gonna find my fish bwel I got that I was gonna use to plant terrestrial plants, but I wanna aquascape mine! I need to find a square glass container as well...
Awesome. I'm planning to grow dwarf baby tears in an emmersed set up too :D using natural sunlight :D
ao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #35 
PaintingPintos

You guys make me so JEALOUS!!!!!!!
I love shrimp so much....
seeing you make these adorable little tanks makes me want to kill you all (JOKING!!!!) .....
But seriously, I have to get my act together. Saturday I'm going shopping with my sister, hopefully I'll be able to convince her to drive over to Petsmart or something and wait in the parking lot while I feverishly pick out any shrimp or plant that I see ;D
This is my idea....
Tank: 1 gallon corner/triangular tank
Substrate: Pool sand, baked in oven to kill bacteria OR black gravel mixed with black sand
Plants: Moss ball (maybe I'll take it out of the betta tank? It's the only live plant in there, so I guess I'd feel bad about doing that), java moss, Anacharis, duckweed
Decorations: Basalt rock, "primitive" looking picked from backyard stone wall
Filtration: None
Aeration: None
Water Changes: 2x a week (or what???)
Inhabitants: Rams-horn snail, OR ghost shrimp x1(or x2), OR Red Cherry Shrimp x3

So those are just my ideas....correct me if I am about to do anything wrong, please!
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:35 AM   #36 
SpookyTooth

That sounds great PaintingPintos!

I had an epiphany this morning. Yesterday I had intended on re-dividing and rescaping one half of my divided 14gal aquarium but everything went to er... poop (for the want of a more ferocious term but keeping it family friendly) and I'm now in a situation where one betta is in his old 5gal whereas my other is in the 2.5gal quarantine tank awaiting a new 5gal of his own and the 14gal is sat in our back yard.

My 14gal was situated on a table at the end of my bed, currently on one half I have Kaze's 5gal and the other half will house Echo's once I pick it up hopefully on Saturday... that's going to leave a space BETWEEN the tanks... conveniently UNDER my plant lighting. Hmmm!!!

I'll measure up the space and see if there's enough for a 1gal mini planted tank. I'd love to put some cherry shrimp in there but our winters are rather chilly and I wouldn't be able to fit a heater in a 1gal so I may just use it to breed microfauna for my boys.

I have a feeling I'm going to come home with more than just a tank on Saturday... let's hope they have live plants -- if not then there's another local aquatics store that does! Mwahaha!
Old 08-02-2012, 03:10 AM   #37 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyTooth View Post
I'll measure up the space and see if there's enough for a 1gal mini planted tank. I'd love to put some cherry shrimp in there but our winters are rather chilly and I wouldn't be able to fit a heater in a 1gal so I may just use it to breed microfauna for my boys.
1 gallon heater... here U'll need a step up voltage adapter i think... I just bought one today for $4
Old 08-02-2012, 03:13 AM   #38 
SpookyTooth

Thank you aokashi :) unfortunately though it's in the USA. I don't really have another plug socket spare for a third heater either so I may just stick to a tiny planted, shrimpless bowl.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:59 AM   #39 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyTooth View Post
Thank you aokashi :) unfortunately though it's in the USA. I don't really have another plug socket spare for a third heater either so I may just stick to a tiny planted, shrimpless bowl.
it doesnt ship to where you are? it shipped to Australia :O there are different sellers selling the same thing.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #40 
Aus

Dwarf baby tears doesn't really need co2 or particularly high light, in my experience.. it just gets leggier without all that, rather than growing in those nice neat compact and evenly-growing lawns the scapers like so much.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote