Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-01-2012, 02:13 AM   #1 
sams mom

Question is Aqueon Betta bow 2.5 ok for sam

I have a female betta named Sam. We have her in a 2.5 gallon Aqueon betta bow 2.5. I am wondering if this tank is ok for her or if the filter is too strong.
sams mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:20 AM   #2 
Tikibirds

you can always slow down the filter if its too strong.
What type of filter?
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:44 AM   #3 
sams mom

it is the one that comes with the aqueon system. it uses the small size filters. not really sure what it is called.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:17 AM   #4 
Kenny G

Your betta will be fine in the Aqueon mini bow 2.5 gallon tank. I have both of my betta's in those tanks. If the filter proves to be to strong for your betta all you will have to do it remove the filter tube and insert a piece of filter fiber, filter foam, or filter sponge in it. This will slow down the flow.
Kenny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:48 PM   #5 
sams mom

Thanks for the info.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:23 PM   #6 
jeremywadejunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny G View Post
Your betta will be fine in the Aqueon mini bow 2.5 gallon tank. I have both of my betta's in those tanks. If the filter proves to be to strong for your betta all you will have to do it remove the filter tube and insert a piece of filter fiber, filter foam, or filter sponge in it. This will slow down the flow.
I just started using this tank in the 5 gallon, and the filter is a little too strong for my fish, so this post caught my eye. I've never slowed a flow before; can I just get these supplies at a fish store?
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:21 AM   #7 
athenr3134

i was thinking about this very exact thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sams mom View Post
I have a female betta named Sam. We have her in a 2.5 gallon Aqueon betta bow 2.5. I am wondering if this tank is ok for her or if the filter is too strong.
husband just said that the filter sucked and it could clog easily do you have this problem or is it just too strong? i want to make sure i get the right tank.
athenr3134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:30 AM   #8 
Kenny G

@ jeremywadejunior yes you can buy those things at your local fish store. I personally put a piece of sponge in each of my filter tubes. It helped slows the water suction down and the water current doesn't bother my betta's at all now.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:35 AM   #9 
teeneythebetta

As said above, the intake can take a piece of aquarium foam or sponge.. the outflow can be baffled as shown here: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=30139
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:40 PM   #10 
Kenny G

Although I am sure that will work from some filters that will not work for the filters that come with the Aqueon betta bow. For the betta bow filter you would need to fill the filter tube.