Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-04-2012, 01:07 PM   #21 
AquaKai

If you did cichlids you'd need a year! There are different continents, different lakes and thousands upon thousands of different fish. But the website is a great idea! And once again I saw: TURTLES ARE AQUATIC ANIMALS THAT NEED HELP TOO!!! But I think this could go far
AquaKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:11 PM   #22 
LebronTheBetta

Why can't we just do African Cichlids? It would be a lot easier, or even Oscars. We could create the website from weebley. Or weebly. Lol
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #23 
gossipgirl1031

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
First of all, we are writing e-mails to companies, such as Petco, and Petsmart to tell them to stop selling the Bettas in those cups, in order for people to get interested in fish, they must be "Attractive" to the public, so to decorate the fish section of the store, will bring more people and the workers to have a fun fish day of sorts, to learn all aobut our aquatic friends, finned friends, and to keep all aquatic friends happy and healthy.. and especially the bettas to move them to the middle of the store..or the front..so people can see them, most at the back, have to stay there, I am assuming because the tanks are on the walls, but because they are small, they do tend to go un-noticed, so if the Petstores were to amp up the displays with colorful, and attractive sayings (Marketing approach) will help to educate, and sell better quality fish..
Agreed 100%!!
gossipgirl1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:18 PM   #24 
AquaKai

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Why can't we just do African Cichlids? It would be a lot easier, or even Oscars. We could create the website from weebley. Or weebly. Lol
There are different lakes in Africa. You cannot mix them. And oscars are South American. Plus the dwarves from South America which are WAY different then the other ones. Then there are central American ones as well. Loads of cichlids. I'm just saying if you're going to do a month then a bit of information would be needed and there would need to be a specific topic with the fish, not just cichlids.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #25 
LebronTheBetta

I know that. We just need to find a specific Cichlid and just put down some facts like the minimum tank size. Even if the Cichlids in the store are in those tanks, those are just temporary. I'm saying Oscars are Cichlids, too and we could have that instead of other Cichlids if necessary for that month.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #26 
AquaKai

Just so I'm getting this correctly: just a general month over ALL cichlids that they sell in pet stores? The mix African tanks has sooo many different fish and hybrids. And all the tanks sizes are different. I would put a discus in the same tank as a Lamprologus ocellatus.

Also: this shouldn't be called aquatic attention if we aren't going to include aquatic frogs, crabs and turtles. Just my opinion;)
Old 08-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #27 
LebronTheBetta

Yes, or if we can't manage one specific Cichlid out of all.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #28 
AquaKai

Um, I really think that we should do South American and African seperate. It's much easier to do it that way. I mean there could be smaller topics underneath each month but the continent seperation would be good. The water quality are completely different and this really would be the best way to inform rather then so the opposite of what our intentions are.

Also, you said angelfish and cichlids up there... Angelfish are cichlids...
Old 08-04-2012, 01:48 PM   #29 
LebronTheBetta

Oh, whoops... I agree with you on that. Just in case of confusion. So... What do we do next?
Old 08-04-2012, 01:54 PM   #30 
AquaKai

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Oh, whoops... I agree with you on that. Just in case of confusion. So... What do we do next?
Add turtles, frogs and crabs/inverts to the list of Aquatic animals that we should be attentive of. I'm being stubborn on this, but they need help too

Tags
they need a chance!, who needs more attention, you or the aquatics?