betta fish

Old 08-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #231 
cjayBetta

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....49#post1217549

Heres the pics :)
cjayBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:58 PM   #232 
lelei

Hello Everyone, Just an update; Good News, the New tanks arrived..Pepsy and Pompom are in their new tanks..and doing very well!!

Pepsy is zooooming around doing laps, like she is chasing someone, it is soo funny..and Pompom is quite comfortable as well..pix to come soon:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #233 
misty1477

YAY !!!!!

I can picture in my head how "Pepsy zooming around doing laps.." looks

Can't wait for more pics!
misty1477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #234 
Sapphoira

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
I'm all for saving animals.
But I feel you need you educate these employees before going and STEALING their fish. This isn't rescuing. It is against the law and you could be charged with it. Did you even bother to think about that?
Actually when it comes to animals, the laws in most places are different than what you would think. If they are not caring for them, which they clearly aren't, and you get them out of there and then prove that you ARE caring for them legally they are yours. And she has the photographic proof. You only need to prove you are the primary financial provider with the care of animals to prove ownership.
Sapphoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:04 PM   #235 
Sapphoira

Quote:
Uh, yeah you can get arrested and charged for stealing ANYTHING. If someone wants to prosecute you for it, the police can arrest you.
I did read the thread and did not find any posting that stated she 1st asked the employee for the fish.
Stealing is stealing. Doesn't matter the value of the object. It is still against the law. In fact, the only time the value of the object matters is when it goes from a misdemeanor to a felony for grand theft.
ALSO even if they were to bring her up on charges for "stealing," in most places you have to steal over a certain value for it to even be a misdemeanor, and under that it would need to be handled through civil claims court, the fees of which would more than triple the original cost of ALL the fish in that tank. And also, when it comes to rescuing abused animals, the only time you should worry about the law is if you don't do it right the animal could go back to the abuser. Which in most cases, won't happen. You seem to think the law is ironclad and all things are protected, which really isn't the case. The law is also not the be all end all. Morality and basic decency in many cases has a higher calling.

Some of the only times people are arrested for the theft of animals is when there is an LOSS OF INCOME from the theft - such as cattle, horses, or animals being used for the express purpose of generating revenue such as dog breeders.
Sapphoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:18 PM   #236 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
Quote:
Uh, yeah you can get arrested and charged for stealing ANYTHING. If someone wants to prosecute you for it, the police can arrest you.
I did read the thread and did not find any posting that stated she 1st asked the employee for the fish.
Stealing is stealing. Doesn't matter the value of the object. It is still against the law. In fact, the only time the value of the object matters is when it goes from a misdemeanor to a felony for grand theft.

I think you're just being a jerk. Abusing animals is against the law too. And she has documented proof to show in "Nonexistant Court Where a YMCA Would Prosecute Her For stealing Fish they Don't Give A Crap About" that she made many efforts to educate, volunteer to help, or take over the fish.

"Stealing is stealing" is a stupid argument here. First of all, "stealing ISN'T stealing" because there is a big difference in stealing food because your family is starving vs stealing something because you just want it. A jury would see it differently and so does most of the public that has the tiniest grasp of critical thinking and philosophy of morality, which clearly you do not.

You go, leilei . . and if you do this again I suggest you make an Amazon registry or wishlist and I'll contribute so you can "be all thief-like" and steal more fish.

Also put those photos on the YMCA Yelp.
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #237 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
LOL is it this tank in the corner of photo 3 on their "virtual tour"? I totally online stalked them by assuming they were in your town.

http://www.northshoreymca.org/pages/...rtual_tour.cfm
-----------
Edit: If it were me, I'd post those disgusting tank photos on Yelp with the caption "I hope they take better care of your kids than they do of these poor fish."

If you want .. I will totally post your photo on Yelp myself. I have like 140 reviews so no one's going to think I just made an account to harass this YMCA.

I do have photos of dead fish from my Petco on Petco Tuscon (East, or 22nd Ave) website. They're almost the only photos submitted too . . ha ha.

Last edited by mursey; 09-04-2012 at 10:42 PM.
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:49 AM   #238 
lelei

Wow..@Mursey and Sapphoria, Thanks so much for that explanation of the Animal Laws, as I was not aware how they work, in such detail..but in regards to this situation, I felt the same way..I saw abuse, and neglect..

I took an animal out of a procarius situation, and gave it a chance to survive, as it was pretty clear they would not of, if left in those conditions, and I in no way ever stated that I was stealing from the Y, those were comments made by others in jest..

I really appreciate your viewpoint on the situation..as I know it would of never came to a "court decision" they knew all along I was doing the right thing, because nobody else wanted to, or knew how to help the fish that were in there. It's also Ironic because I don't even go to the Y anymore now that the summer program is over.

I wouldn't even know if there is more bettas there, although from the last time I saw the tank, it was clean, and no more bettas.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #239 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by mursey View Post
LOL is it this tank in the corner of photo 3 on their "virtual tour"? I totally online stalked them by assuming they were in your town.

http://www.northshoreymca.org/pages/...rtual_tour.cfm
-----------
Edit: If it were me, I'd post those disgusting tank photos on Yelp with the caption "I hope they take better care of your kids than they do of these poor fish."

If you want .. I will totally post your photo on Yelp myself. I have like 140 reviews so no one's going to think I just made an account to harass this YMCA.

I do have photos of dead fish from my Petco on Petco Tuscon (East, or 22nd Ave) website. They're almost the only photos submitted too . . ha ha.
Yes, Photo 3 is the tank..in that pic, I am not sure when taken but it probably was in that horrid condition at that time..not sure..

Is Yelp the Review site of anything that people want to put a review on?
Old 09-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #240 
BettaQi

You are so inspiring!

I am rehabbing a tank at my workplace that had 4 goldfish in it.

One died and one looks like it has swim bladder issues from bad food and bad water.

Yesterday I put water wisteria and dwarf water lettuce and duck weed and pond snails into it.

Today I'm going to do a partial water change.

It's - 30 gallon tank.
BettaQi is offline   Reply With Quote