Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-04-2012, 01:17 PM   #21 
misty1477

You are totally awesome !!! He his sooooo lucky that you came along....geeeee....even seemed like he was yelling "PLEASE SAVE ME!!"

As for the tank and other fish.....all I can say is !!!!!!
Those people are DISGUSTING to treat fish like that.

So glad that you rescued the betta .... sure wish someone could take care of the other fish in that putrid tank.

BTW....some of the posts here made me laugh .... about how you 'stole' him from the tank.

He looks like my Sparkle ... same color VT
misty1477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #22 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1477 View Post
You are totally awesome !!! He his sooooo lucky that you came along....geeeee....even seemed like he was yelling "PLEASE SAVE ME!!"

As for the tank and other fish.....all I can say is !!!!!!
Those people are DISGUSTING to treat fish like that.

So glad that you rescued the betta .... sure wish someone could take care of the other fish in that putrid tank.

BTW....some of the posts here made me laugh .... about how you 'stole' him from the tank.

He looks like my Sparkle ... same color VT
Omg.nI cringe every time I go by and see the same conditions that havent been clean in 3 wks now..and the worst part is there are more fish a beautiful betta in the corner that I also want to save..but for now I just dont have the room..and zi have complained to mgmnt..and nothing is being done..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #23 
misty1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
Omg.nI cringe every time I go by and see the same conditions that havent been clean in 3 wks now..and the worst part is there are more fish a beautiful betta in the corner that I also want to save..but for now I just dont have the room..and zi have complained to mgmnt..and nothing is being done..
:omg : !!!!!

If I was in your situation, I would box up all the supplies I needed and go to the **** place and clean the whole tank out myself and post a sign near what I was doing that had pics of how it looked before I got there and an explanation of what I was doing. Maybe if people saw me doing that
something would be done in the future by 'management'.
misty1477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #24 
MistersMom

you should go back and get the other 3..... and leave them in a tubber ware container until you can buy a home, wich granted, are expensive lol. im proud of you for scooping up the little dude, he's uber pretty.... i almost stole a fish from walmart once.... it was half dead any ways... but im glad i didnt, i went today and saw 2 dead females, on EXTREMELY skinny yet bloated baby female, and a male 'crown tail' with practically no tail...if i had room i would have taken the male and female, and if i had money..... but i have neither, and i felt terrible for them.... i took picture of the dead ones, but my camera was dying so i couldnt get any of the other 2, but i plan on writing a letter to the walmart CEO and sending him pictures of them.... and saying, either get some one,, full time, who knows what they are doing, or close it down entirely.
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #25 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistersMom View Post
you should go back and get the other 3..... and leave them in a tubber ware container until you can buy a home, wich granted, are expensive lol. im proud of you for scooping up the little dude, he's uber pretty.... i almost stole a fish from walmart once.... it was half dead any ways... but im glad i didnt, i went today and saw 2 dead females, on EXTREMELY skinny yet bloated baby female, and a male 'crown tail' with practically no tail...if i had room i would have taken the male and female, and if i had money..... but i have neither, and i felt terrible for them.... i took picture of the dead ones, but my camera was dying so i couldnt get any of the other 2, but i plan on writing a letter to the walmart CEO and sending him pictures of them.... and saying, either get some one,, full time, who knows what they are doing, or close it down entirely.
I am thinking about it, just to get them well, I can't stand to see an animal/fish suffer, and I know I can't do much with the goldfish, but the bettas need help, and I feel I have to.. and I have written a letter to the Director of Services, in the Main Office, and have yet to hear anything, It's shocking that in a place like a YMCA where all the kids go, to see an aquarium, in an open space in such a horrid conditon, Is downright appalling, and there answer is " The person who used to take care of it, is out on sick leave" and won't be back for 3 months..

I was at a loss, and I refuse to sit by and let those fish die.. I have more pics, so I am going to write another letter and include the pictures, and hopefully that will create some impact
Old 08-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #26 
lelei

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1477 View Post
:omg : !!!!!

If I was in your situation, I would box up all the supplies I needed and go to the **** place and clean the whole tank out myself and post a sign near what I was doing that had pics of how it looked before I got there and an explanation of what I was doing. Maybe if people saw me doing that
something would be done in the future by 'management'.
That was a plan that me and this other girl, said she was going to talk to her b/f and we were going to go up there and do it, but I am not sure I can handle a 55gal aquarium, alone..and I have some stuff already for Monday..so I can get the other fish.. but I may not have time to do the cleaning ..altho, I prob can do 1/2..the heater is broken, but if I get the bettas out, the Angel fish, and the goldfish will be the only ones left, and the lobster, with one claw, and 2 6in pleco's.. they are probably the only ones enjoying it..and don't need heat..
Old 08-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #27 
lelei

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkles55 View Post
Wow he must be glad to have you! That tank is hideous.

How DID you manage to get him out? XD
I'm guessing no one had a fit over it?
No one cares, that is the problem, and I was talking about how something needs to be done, with a staff member, and I told her I will take the fish if something is not done, she said go ahead, no one is gonna clean that tank, until the One person who was responsible for it, comes back to do it .. WOW
Old 08-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #28 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShainax View Post
So they had males and females together?
Yup, Males 2 ~and I think one female the other 2 that are still there..a Goldie with Popeye, and an Angel fish..and a lobster with one claw..OMG you can see claws floating in the water..it's such a horrible sight..
Old 08-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #29 
lelei

Unhappy

This is the fish..that was gettin nipped by crimson..so I took crimson to help him..now I want to go and save him..and this is the pleco that is growing otta cotrol...and there is 2 more in there his size
Attached Images

Old 08-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #30 
MistersMom

Woa. thassa biggo pleco! lol. SAVE ALL THE BETTAS! :O even walmart takes better care of there fish. :/ i say BAN YMCA FISH TANKS! lol. you can totally see another pleco in that picture btw lol

Last edited by MistersMom; 08-04-2012 at 07:12 PM.
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote