Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-01-2012, 07:08 PM   #1 
catlantic

Good Tank?

Sprocket is doing very well and i have some extra money. Is this a good tank?

http://www.amazon.com/KollerCraft-AQ...=1YHWV6R81XEMI
catlantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:21 PM   #2 
toad

I have that tank. I like it a lot; it's really pretty set up. I removed the tube and airstone from the center, however, because I felt the fish was fighting the through the current to get to the top and breathe. I love the lights on it.
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #3 
bettasusa

very nice! I actually found one cheaper if you are close to walmart, maybe not that much cheaper but hey, lol. They also have a 2Gallon but the bigger the better and its only a few dollar difference for a whole extra gallon.

Aquaview 360
bettasusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #4 
Kenny G

It's nice but most of the reviews I read on that tank people complained that the lights went out very fast. I would look for something with more positive ratings. Check out this link. http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...#RatingsDetail
Kenny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:16 PM   #5 
bettasusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny G View Post
It's nice but most of the reviews I read on that tank people complained that the lights went out very fast. I would look for something with more positive ratings. Check out this link. Marineland Crescent 3 Gallon Aquarium System - Specialty Pet Month - Featured Products - PetSmart
That one is really nice!
bettasusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #6 
jeremywadejunior

My betta's tank is actually a 10 gallon glass terrarium like this one: http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...3B+Accessories

I am very happy with it!

7 extra gallons for only 6 extra dollars = spoiled betta ;)

However, it doesn't come as a kit, but I assume that if your already caring for fish, you have a heater and filter you can just move over to the new aquarium.
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:53 PM   #7 
toad

Wally World sells both the 3 gallon cylinder shaped tank (which I have), and a ten gallon kit (tank and hood), for $30. I'm not sure why I didn't just buy the 10 gallon instead of the 3...

Petco ran a dollar per gallon sale that I got roped into - bought Howie a 10 gallon tank for $10, and then ended up spending $30 on a hood.
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:09 PM   #8 
MollyJean

I have that one, my hubby got it for me for christmas, and I love it, but did have to make some modifications.

I took out the tube (like toad) and the bubbler, to give my Bettabettabetta more room and take away the current. The under gravel filter doesn't work that well, anyway.

Then, before I put the light on, I placed it inside a ziplock bag, so the electronics wouldn't get damp, which seemed to be a major problem for the product. So far all the lights are working and it's still a very clear, clean looking tank. I give it a really good scrub down every other week, and just do water changes between.

If you're going to leave the tube in, you can't fit anything large in there, just so you know. But with the tube out, it's very roomy.

I keep mine on my desk, where there isn't room for a very large tank. It only takes up about a foot of surface space.

Oh yeah, no heater. You'll have to get one. *nodnod*

Last edited by MollyJean; 08-01-2012 at 10:12 PM.
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:31 PM   #9 
catlantic

thanks for the help guys!!!!!
catlantic is offline   Reply With Quote