Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #1 
DragonFish

Ahhh, The Joys of Petstore Finds and Impulse Buys~

So, Petco is right across the parking lot from my dentists office....and while I generally don't go in because my Petco is rather small and sparse, I decided to go ahead and pop in to pick up some plants for my 10 gallon.
I did a quick sweep of the betta-end-cap....nothing special; your standard blues, reds, multis, ext along with a few others I had seen three weeks prior when I bought Sebastian....but when I headed down the plant isle I discovered a whole other little shelf of bettas that I had never even known existed...
...And one caught my eye...xD

And with that, I proudly introduce my newest addition; Mephisto Pheles!

The flash makes him look more blue....but in person hes much more of a pale purple/lavender color.
I had seen a few bettas with this purpley coloring around my area, but I had always either ended up passing them for another or just didn't have the room. However, recently I realized that I had the perfect name for a betta of that coloring; Mephisto Pheles, a character(and my favorite)from the anime/manga Ao no/Blue Exorcist. <3 the name was originally intended for a DT boy I'd spotted at Petsmart when I got Finnian, but I knew after almost three weeks hes most likely gone....fish at my Petsmart go very quickly....so I decided to go ahead and snatch this Delta boy up while I could :)

And he seems to be settling in just fine xD

Been here just a few hours and already nesting. Such a strange little thing he is xD Lol

Anywho....sorry for my word spam xD I get a little carried away, lol. I'll shut up now, enjoy the pics!
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:09 PM   #2 
vilmarisv

Love his coloring... reminds me of a Vegas show called Le Reve
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:14 PM   #3 
Anna27

What a beauty
Anna27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:23 PM   #4 
DragonFish

Thanks! ^-^
Old 07-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #5 
Sprinkles55

Wow, he's beautiful! Nice find :)
Sprinkles55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #6 
CandiceMM

Great pictures and what a poser he is! Great find!!
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:50 PM   #7 
DragonFish

Hehe, thank you!! xD
Hes actually rather difficult to photograph....mostly because hes only interest at the moment is doing his own thing and exploring his new home, lol. Took me a while to get all those shots xD
Old 07-31-2012, 10:35 AM   #8 
DragonFish

Oh goodness....this fish....I've never had one quite like him xD Hes truly quite the little character, so much personality! Now that he has finished thoroughly exploring his new home, he certainly IS proving to be quite the poser; he LOVES the camera! xD And I've never had a fish settle in so quickly....I swear its like hes been with me in that tank for months! Hes such a wonderful little addition to the family, I'm so glad I picked him up <3
And looky here what hes been working on all night~

Old 07-31-2012, 10:51 AM   #9 
MollyJean

He's so beautiful! And so photogenic, lol! And nice bubble nest. I've had one do that, Robin had a bubble nest that filled about 1/4th of his 5 gallon... some fish are so strange!

I noticed on a couple of pics he has some spots that are whiter then the rest, at the beginning of his Dorsal fin and near his tail on his.. um.. left I think? I don't want to worry you, he really does look so healthy I am inclined to think these are just different colored scales.
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:08 AM   #10 
DragonFish

xD Thank you!! Lol, ahh, Bettas.....such fun, unique little pets they are~

Oh, yes, I noticed that even before I purchased him. However, he overall appeared very healthy, even in his little cup(not really too happy, but healthy). It did worry me a little more when I got him home and started looking at the spots on pictures/under proper lighting and whatnot, but over all he really is one of the healthist fish I have ever picked up from any petstore in all my years of keeping fish.

Looking at him and his coloring, he seems to have some Dragon genes in there somewhere....he seems to be a bit of a Platinum with some iridescence, so I'm thinking those spots are just what little bit of Dragon he inherited from his parents/grandparents/whoever. I'm certainly keeping an eye on them and him just to make sure.