Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #1 
OrangeAugust

Bitten by "the bug"

I went to Petco last night to get a few more things for the 5 gallon I'm preparing and of course I had to spend a few minutes looking at the bettas... I saw 3 males that were all unique and beautiful colors and a couple of really pretty females, too. I can't get any more tho because I don't have the room! I've been looking for a house, and one of the things I'm most excited about is having a 20 gallon for a sorority and then being able to have 2 or 3 other male bettas, a big community tank, a cat, and a parakeet. lol
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:03 PM   #2 
MistersMom

Your Avatar, is BEAUTIFUL. just gorgeous. and good luck with all your pets lol. you should try and find a decent rent-to-own house.so then all the rent you are paying, is leading up to you owning it.
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #3 
OrangeAugust

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistersMom View Post
Your Avatar, is BEAUTIFUL. just gorgeous.
thanks! That's Fishie. I just got him last Saturday.

Quote:
and good luck with all your pets lol. you should try and find a decent rent-to-own house.so then all the rent you are paying, is leading up to you owning it.
Thanks! Nah, I'm gonna go with the whole mortgage thing right off the bat. Now is the best time to buy a house. About 3.5% down and 3.5% interest.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:16 PM   #4 
MistersMom

oh ...
Old 08-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #5 
jeremywadejunior

Bitten by "the betta bug" too...

I went to Petco last night to pick up a filter sponge for my boy's tank, and I took a peek in the betta aisle (told myself I shouldn't or I'd want a new fish; I was right). And I saw a beautiful blue halfmoon marble that I instantly loved. I do have an extra tank that he would be happy in. I just want to see that beauty stretch out his fins and tail; he shouldn't be in the small little cup at the store!

I'm so tempted to go back and get him if he's still there, but I don't think my parents would be too thrilled if we have to transport two fish when they move me in to my new dorm this fall. So I'm super conflicted!
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:50 AM   #6 
puppyrjjkm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywadejunior View Post

I'm so tempted to go back and get him if he's still there, but I don't think my parents would be too thrilled if we have to transport two fish when they move me in to my new dorm this fall. So I'm super conflicted!

I have 3 going to school with me, and uh...4 platies, 2 ADF's... and I'll have a Petco right across campus!
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:25 PM   #7 
jeremywadejunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppyrjjkm View Post
I have 3 going to school with me, and uh...4 platies, 2 ADF's... and I'll have a Petco right across campus!
Wow! Will you be in the dorms? My dorm has a 5 gal tank restriction but I wish I could bring my 10 gal!
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:42 PM   #8 
MistersMom

Screw dorm restrictions, ill put on my puppy dog face when i go to college and ask to bring my ten gallon and 20 gallon.. LOL. they'll be like ....

Name:  untitle.JPG
Views: 95
Size:  2.9 KB
Old 08-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #9 
xShainax

Try having 6 males and on the look out for another interesting one. xD I told myself that my PK bazooka Joe would be my last boy, but I rescued the boy in my avatar against my better judgement.
xShainax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #10 
puppyrjjkm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywadejunior View Post
Wow! Will you be in the dorms? My dorm has a 5 gal tank restriction but I wish I could bring my 10 gal!
Kind of. I'm in an apartment suite style with 4 of us, but still on campus. Suprisingly the restriction is 20 gallons! I almost took my 20 gal long, but I was like WAY to much water to lug around. So I am taking my 10 gal (divided) and my 2.5 gal. Much easier! 5 gals is quite a low restriction I would have snuck in my 10 gal. When the RA comes to check, "how big is that tank?" "Uh... 5 gallons." "Okay." (I don't think they'd really see the difference in size but who knows!)
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote