Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #21 
underdebate

I have 28 bettas. :) I absolutely DO NOT have the experience to breed though-- the majority of my bettas are rescues or adoptions (largely from other people on this forum!), a few are from the lovely local aquarium shop, and ten were intended for a sorority (although the number got bumped down to eight, and the other two have homes of their own now). Now that the sorority's set up, I have no intentions of getting any more, though, so 28 is probably my max!
underdebate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:23 PM   #22 
mkayum

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeAugust View Post
I'm beginning to realize that having Bettas is a bit like having Orchids. Once you get one Orchid, you are addicted and have to get more. I don't have as many as a lot of other Orchid collectors have, but once I had one, I had to get more, and then types of other species, etc. It does seem like Betta keeping is similar in its addictiveness.
I also collect orchids. I think I have like two or three different kinds of orchid. The most is just normal orchid (Phala). :P yes it's addicting and I decided to stop buying more orchids because it's taking over my space limit. I sold some and got my money to buy supplies for my pets.
mkayum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #23 
staffylover

I would like to get a large tank and split it but I just dont have the room. I have a large parrot cage that takes up quite a bit of room so cannot add a tank too.
I wont be getting any more after I set up my 5th tank. One due to finances and secondly due to time as I work full time, spend at least an hour after work out with the dog (more at weekends) and also help out at my local shelter so time is tight
staffylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:25 PM   #24 
Twilight Storm

I plan on breeding bettas. I maxed myself at 8 pets due to tank maintenance.

When I start to deal with jar maintenance for juvies, I wanted to be realistic on what won't drive me crazy, and what I can physically handle.

Basically I figured on 8 pets + 50 jars + 1 breeding pair. (to start) My "pet" count at that point would be 10 + a few juvies to breed (max 4) = 14 bettas living with me permanently :D And it will go up exponentially because I don't know if I would get rid of/sell the parents I keep to breed yet... I have a feeling I might become attached. I don't plan on doing more then 4 different lines of bettas either.

Spiders... *shivers* I'm not a big fan of them, but to each their own. :D
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #25 
AquaKai

Currently I have 3, but I have an empty 1.5g that is begging me to fill it... Must fight temptation!
AquaKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:17 PM   #26 
Pixielator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Storm View Post
I plan on breeding bettas. I maxed myself at 8 pets due to tank maintenance.

When I start to deal with jar maintenance for juvies, I wanted to be realistic on what won't drive me crazy, and what I can physically handle.

Basically I figured on 8 pets + 50 jars + 1 breeding pair. (to start) My "pet" count at that point would be 10 + a few juvies to breed (max 4) = 14 bettas living with me permanently :D And it will go up exponentially because I don't know if I would get rid of/sell the parents I keep to breed yet... I have a feeling I might become attached. I don't plan on doing more then 4 different lines of bettas either.

Spiders... *shivers* I'm not a big fan of them, but to each their own. :D
Yeah, most people aren't. My friends, husband, and my husband's family all used to be arachnophobes. Trust me, the more you learn about them, the less afraid you become. Theres actually a book out called "The Legacy of Annie Rose" which is a true story about an arachnophobe that became a tarantula lover. I've been meaning to buy it and read it. You should read it, the worst that could happen is you read an interesting story.

Anyway, sorry, trying to convert arachnophobes is a habit (but seriously, you should read the book).
Pixielator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:16 AM   #27 
JackisLost

i have one that gets all my attention
JackisLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:20 AM   #28 
Enkil

I'm new at breeding, but here is what I have:
1 pet male - Hannibal. He is my daughter's but she is too little to care for him.
1 mystery male - bought from someone who was moving. He's still growing
3 HM males - My dragon brothers. Breeders.
1 HMPK male - Yellow dragon. Breeder
1 HMPK female - Yellow marble. Breeder.
1 HMDbT male - Marble. Breeder.
1 HMPK male - Metallic green with orange fins. Breeder.
1 HMPK male - Marble. Breeder
1 Giant HMPK male - True giant. Has some marbling on face and beard.

Then I have the following coming in this month:
HM females, HM dragon females, HM female with dragon geno, and a HMPK dalmatian dragon male.

What I plan on getting:
- HMPK females
- True giant HMPK female(s) and possibly another male.

I have quite a lot of room and tanks. lol
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:19 AM   #29 
Bettanewbie60

I got my first betta at the end of June...I just went to Walmart at 1am to get hubby a birthday cake, and came home with my 5th betta! Hubby is gonna freak! I'm Kim, I'm a betta addict.
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:55 AM   #30 
toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettanewbie60 View Post
I'm Kim, I'm a betta addict.
Hi Kim

It's okay, we understand you.
toad is offline   Reply With Quote