Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #21 
lelei

To be on the safe side, change 50% 2-3x a week, then your 100% is the best way to go..here is a link I found for you to help you figure out what type of tail your fishy has

http://bettacarecentral.weebly.com/
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:35 PM   #22 
lelei

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
To be on the safe side, change 50% 2-3x a week, then your 100% is the best way to go..here is a link I found for you to help you figure out what type of tail your fishy has

http://bettacarecentral.weebly.com/
When you do your 50% you don't have to take him out, just cup out a lil at a time, only when you do the full water change, you will need to take him out..and re-accliminate him back to the new water slowly..if you have a (cupcake liner plastic cup) they are perfect for cupping fish..take your time, and let him go in, be patient, if you tilt the cup a lil to the side, after taking out half the water, makes it easier..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:35 PM   #23 
missketie

Quote:
Sorry, VT means Veil tail, and HM is Half Moon, there is a sticky showing tail types, but if you could post a pic..it would help to identify him:)
Oh! I didn't know that, LOL. Well his cup says he's a half-moon but here's a photo anyway.

missketie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #24 
missketie

Quote:
When you do your 50% you don't have to take him out, just cup out a lil at a time, only when you do the full water change, you will need to take him out..and re-accliminate him back to the new water slowly..if you have a (cupcake liner plastic cup) they are perfect for cupping fish..take your time, and let him go in, be patient, if you tilt the cup a lil to the side, after taking out half the water, makes it easier..
Ooh! Great thanks! I've been watching Youtube videos on how to change the water properly, but I'll definitely check out that link.
missketie is offline   Reply With Quote