- I would leave the cartridge alone for AT least a month. You haven't even put the fish in there.
- If you mess with the media now, you risk messing up the cycle if it really has completed.
- My tank cycled 07-21 & I haven't done ANYTHING since then other than a 50% siphoning and rearrangement of the tank.
- I'm going to have to clean the other half of the tank because of all of the live foods I've been feeding them over the past 2 days.
- Currently water results for me are 0.0 ppm nitrite & .50 ppm ammonia
I was going to ask you what kind of tank, filter, etc...
Here's your info & the date you posted it.
- What are your current water results?
07-08-2012, 08:43 PM
~ 5 gallon aquarium; Aqueon Mini Bow
~ built in filter ^
~ light hood; not on for cycling purposes
~ heater made for 2.5-5 gal tanks; constant 8.0 (°F)
~ got rid of Tetra Whisper Air Pump because it was too strong
~ no airstone, for obvious reasons ^
~ over an inch thick of gravel & purple acrylic jewels
~ baby java ferns strewn around the bottom of the aquarium
~ decor, such as pots and such
~ no beneficial bacteria available to seed
Ammonia - 4.0ppm
Nitrites - 0ppm
NitrAtes - 5.0ppm
pH - 7.6