Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-02-2012, 01:17 AM   #1 
gn3ranger

Making a take divider.......

So petco ran out of 10 gallon tank dividers.... so i went to Walmart today to make my own, But they did not have the things you put on the side of the plastic mesh to keep it straight. Can anyone tell me where i can purchase these and what they are called.

Right now i just have the plastic mesh in my tank in a Obtuse "u" shape it keeps them separated but It isn't necessarily eye appealing.
gn3ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:43 AM   #2 
ngrubich

You could probably try the plastic weatherstripping (I don't think that they have any components that would affect the water quality, but I'm not 100% sure). You could try Lowe's or Home Depot and go to the door area (at the stores I go to, they are in the far back corner) and ask one of the people in that area. They should know best since they sell the mesh screening back there, and I would assume they would have something to hold it together.
I'd go to Lowe's first: I've always been able to get in and out super quick without having to wait forever for someone to help me.
ngrubich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:08 AM   #3 
DragonFish

Oh goodness what are they called.....plastic Report Binders I think? At least thats what I use....I think I picked them up at Office Max, but probably any store like that you could find them.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #4 
ngrubich

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish View Post
Oh goodness what are they called.....plastic Report Binders I think? At least thats what I use....I think I picked them up at Office Max, but probably any store like that you could find them.
Nice! I never thought of using those.
ngrubich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:28 AM   #5 
DragonFish

Yeah, I think it was on an old tutorial they suggested those....haha, its been so long. xD But they work great.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #6 
SpookyTooth

There's a tutorial for making a divider using the report binders here: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=40025

Fantastic thing!
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #7 
gn3ranger

alright thanks guys the workers at Walmart looked at me crazy lol I'll go to lowes and home depot later on this week since the divider is working well right now.
gn3ranger is offline   Reply With Quote