Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-30-2015, 10:13 PM   #1 
Strawberry12

So who is everybody?

I know we're all betta lovers of course, but who else are you? (only share as much as is safe/comfortable.)

I'm a college student, studying Animal Science, and I want to work for the SPCA once I graduate.

I also work at a small, locally owned pet store. We don't sell animals thankfully, only supplies.

I'm also a dancer, my teacher lets me teach little ones in exchange for my classes. :) I've been dancing my whole life, unfortunately I need to take a break until my shoulder heals. I can't wait to get back to it!

So whoooooo are you?
Strawberry12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:21 PM   #2 
DangerousAngel

Well, besides being a Betta mommy, I'm a singer, I had to take a break because of my depression, but I'm really missing it. I'd like to try and get back into it very very soon. I'm a homeschooled junior in high school, my mom teaches me. We pretty much skipped 9th grade because of my depression, and 10th grade was used to learn life lessons. I have interests in recording arts, and I hope after I get out of high school I can take a recording arts course and help my career take off.
DangerousAngel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 06:57 AM   #3 
Strawberry12

oh that's awesome, DA! What sort of singing did/do you do? Like a choir or your own stuff? I enjoyed the choir in school, but I was not particularly good at it. I could blend well with others for ensemble stuff but don't give me a solo, i'll sound like a dying chicken ;)

High school stunk for my depression as well, but once I got to college things really took off. I had to go part time in HS to finish. That's so funny I thought you were closer to my age (23), you're so eloquent!
Strawberry12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:02 PM   #4 
DangerousAngel

I sing mostly pop, mostly the older stuff. I'm a sucker for power ballads. I'm having to rebuild my voice because my depression made it slip. I was in the children's choir when I was little but I HATED it, the songs they made us sing were so STUPID, and I HATED doing those hand motions, I felt like an idiot.

LOL no, I'm 16. But I get mistaken for older (think college student) all the time! Thank you.
DangerousAngel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:57 PM   #5 
Elleth

I'm a (kind of) newlywed, got married in Oct. 2014. Living without my parents for the first time in my life and loving it, lol. Not that I have bad parents or anything, my parents are great. I was just ready to move out.

I was homeschooled my entire life until I did Running Start my junior and senior years of high school. *Highfives Dangerous for being a fellow homeschooler* I then went on to take classes for and get a degree (BAS) in Applied Business Management at our community college. I now work at a boarding/grooming/training facility for dogs, which is awesome. My hours are pretty flexible (but constant except for rare occasions or when I want differently), I learn new things all the time from my boss, and I get to work with some awesome dogs. Also some not so awesome ones, lol, but at least those are learning experiences.

I've done sports (mostly running) for forever. :) Cross country and long distance in track. My race in track was the 2 mile. I love hiking and am a pretty active person even though I no longer run competitively.

I have loved animals for forever. I wanted to be a farmer when I was tiny, and still would like to be a small time farmer at some point, probably when I retire. :) My family only ever had one cat, and several different rabbits while I was growing up. Plus goldfish for like a year when I was 8 that I was given, my mom wasn't too happy about those and I feel bad for them now. Poor babies were your typical "goldfish in a bowl". Oh! And almost every year my family would catch some wild tadpoles and raise them to young frogs and then let them go. That was always awesome, and one of my favorite things to do. We never had very many die, (usually only one or none) and it was awesome to watch them grow.

I did 4-H from when I was 5 til I was 18. I showed rabbits a few years, and then borrowed my neighbor's dog and showed him. I learned a lot of dog handling/training skills during that time, because he was 110lbs, weighed more than me, and very fear aggressive. I had the very good fortune to have a K9 cop for my dog 4-H leader, and she taught me a ton. So much so that I could walk him on a flat collar with no problems after a couple years of working with him.

Unfortunately, just when we were making a ton of progress, my mentor was murdered on the job. That marked a huge change in my life. I grew up fast. Not in a bad way at all, in a good way. But it wasn't anything you ever want to have happen. I stopped training my neighbor's dog after that. He was really too much to handle without the help of my leader. We left the 4-H group cause the new leader knew (and still knows) less about dogs than I do, and was constantly putting people and dogs in dangerous situations. My mom is a 4-H leader, so we started our own "family club" and I worked a different dog, a lovely American Bulldog belonging to a family friend.

By that point my little sister was also doing dog 4-H, with the dog of a different family friend. She ended up becoming our dog when circumstances changed and her own family couldn't keep her any longer. (She was getting aggressive with their other dogs due to beginning to get old). But she fits right in at my parents and is much loved. She's 9 now, but if you saw her you'd think she was 5.

Hmmmmmmmm... I can't really think of much more to share at the moment.

Last edited by Elleth; Today at 06:03 PM.
Elleth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:06 PM   #6 
rubbie5837

Hummm. Well, most of the regular members know me and what I'm about for the most part, but heck... I can't sleep so I'll have a go.
Well, I'm a single mom to an amazing little boy, working on getting enrolled back into school to finish getting my vet tech. I want to start my own clinic so I can be my own boss. Just over a month ago, I moved to nova and get lost going a few blocks down the road, so trying to adjust to the area. It's not going so great. Also, not to sound ungrateful, but it's not exactly the most ideal living situation and that's got me frustrated to no end. I miss having my own place. So I work as a quality control supervisor at a credit card manufacturing plant. Not really my ideal job, but it puts money in my pocket. I'm also a writer and have even had a few of my poems published. Writing has always helped me with my depression and such, so it's been my theropy. I didn't have the greatest childhood, but it's made me the person I am today, so there's no point in whining about it. I'm extremely blunt and sometimes people don't know how to handle that. But I'm just honest. I'm extremely passionate about animals because for the most part of my life, they were the only ones who were there for me, so I can be extremely forceful about my opinions on that subject. I had to grow up at a very young age, so I can't really relate to alot of people my age who get to go party and have fun. I just do the best I can and as long as my son is happy, I'm happy.
Well, I guess I rambled enough...
Next...
rubbie5837 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:15 PM   #7 
tiffanylucky

I'm going to be a freshman at a community college this August ( I get two years free so I'm getting my basics out of the way then going to a university). I have a loving boyfriend and we have been together for more then 5 months ( our sixth month anaversary is the 20th. So excited ☺️. I'm going to be an elementary school teacher after college.
tiffanylucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:18 PM   #8 
tiffanylucky

Also I'm 19 and my boyfriend is 24. I know the age difference is a lot, but we love eachother anyway. We don't even think about age.
Old Today, 09:27 PM   #9 
rubbie5837

Age means nothing. I'm 28 and my ex is 45 so 5 years is nothing.
rubbie5837 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:52 PM   #10 
tiffanylucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbie5837 View Post
Age means nothing. I'm 28 and my ex is 45 so 5 years is nothing.
Thanks for the information. I love getting others thoughts on things, learn something new everyday. So thank you for a whole new way of looking at that. In the end, age doesn't really matter. Thank you for helping me understand that. I was ignorant about that because that is what I was taught and saw.