Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-25-2014, 06:10 PM   #1 
Sabina88

Hate Needles Vent

Im not really sure why im writing this but hopefully it will help me calm down a bit.
Im personally terrified of needles, even if I look away for shots it still freaks me out. Tomorrow I have to get my blood drawn, which is now also freaking me out. I feel very anxious and im going to end up feeling like this for the rest of the day and up until the appointment. By which time I will feel even worse. I don't know how im going to be able to get my self to go or actually sit down and let them do it, and it doesn't help that my mom isn't being very conscientious to my fear. I know people say that it's quick and it doesn't hurt but that doesn't help me calm down at all. If I could I just wouldn't go at all and avoid the needle all together, but unfortunetly I have to go

Anyways that was my little vent to get it all out.
Sabina88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 06:22 PM   #2 
LittleBettaFish

Haha I hate needles. I still remember when I was very young, they thought I had cancer or something serious, and I had to get multiple blood tests while being held down by my father.

The only time I was able to get vaccinations done was at school, and when I was older, because the embarrassment of having some sort of reaction outweighed my fear of them.

I remember screaming in the chair of my first dentist because he wanted to give me an injection for filling.

It doesn't really help when people just say to look the other way, or that it doesn't hurt that much.

I know it doesn't hurt, but it's the thought of the metal tip going into my skin and then all this stuff being injected into my body, or taken out, that is what makes me fearful. Not the actual pain.

Maybe closing your eyes and doing something like focusing on your breathing or humming/singing in your head/out loud might help relax you and keep your mind occupied. Just some sort of white noise in your head to drown out the anxiety.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 06:27 PM   #3 
Sabina88

Thank you for the tips/advice LittleBettaFish.

For me its not really having anything put in or taken out. It might be the pain but I think its mostly just the needle it self and the idea of it going into my skin. I even hate it when they do finger pricks.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:52 PM   #4 
kjg1029

if you think about it a needle isn't even 1\4 of a cm accross...infact I'm pretty sure it's waaaayyyyy less... So really it is just like a poke, not a stab or a gouge....jusy a smooth quick poke...and mostlikly you'll endup with someone who does this for a living so they'll know how to hit a vein the first time, and im not sure why they need your blood but I'm assuming its important or else I doubt they'd need to do it, so isn't it better to know and have just a few minutes of a poke then to potentioaly be very ill...and ateast you (presumably) live in a country that practices rather sterile medicine meaning no germs will be on the needle or supplys!!(yaaaayyy!!!(I'm sort of a germ freak...talk about hating hospitals...)...anyway it'll be worth it and yeah it does suck >:[ but I bet you'll be A-okay haha...goodluck!!...(if it helps don't think about it)
kjg1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:04 PM   #5 
nel3

I was terrified of them when I was younger to the point they had to hold me down. i still hate them but I can try to tolerate them. I cant watch someone insert a needle into any part of the body even now.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 06:21 PM   #6 
Sabina88

Yaa don't have to go until a few weeks from now instead. Though it still wont be fun, all last night and this morning I had anxiety waiting for my mom to tell me that we had to go get it.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:52 PM   #7 
TeeAndToby

I'm not the only one thank god. I'm terrified of needles. I get anxious even thinking about getting one, and I can't watch needles being administered on tv. The worst for me is dental work, actually, and getting the anesthesia in my mouth. I have to have some kind of sedation before the needle to even handle it.

In fact, I'm technically supposed to go get bloodwork done to test for gluten intolerance and I'm terrified to go for that so I've been putting it off.

I just hate the thought of something poking into my skin, no matter how small it is.
TeeAndToby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 03:44 PM   #8 
Sabina88

Im the same with the dentist. I hate when they have to put the novacane stuff in. I like those needles less then regular needles
Old 07-27-2014, 04:15 PM   #9 
thekinetic

Poke me, prod me, grab me, grope me, cut me with knives and I'm fine but get near me with a needle and I will freak out on you! O_O

Seriously I scared a oral surgeon that was removing my wisdom teeth. He hooked me up to a heart monitor and then went to give me a shot and my heart jumped up enough for him to stop and watch the monitor. XD
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 04:38 PM   #10 
Bikeridinguckgirl14

If you hate needles ask if they will give you a "butterfly" (a square sticker they put on your hand with a needle inside) because instead if stabbing you with 3 needles they only need 1 butterfly.
Bikeridinguckgirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote