Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-15-2015, 09:21 PM   #1 
Pippin

Cats

about a month or so ago, we lost our 19 year old ginger and white cat,Kepsey. (Short for Kepler.) We also lost his nephew(Charon, 17) a few months before and his grandnephew, Razzy(Erasmus, 16) in between. We only had his grandniece left, Razzy's sister. They all passed away peacefully at home, with no suffering.

Every since her family died, Darwin, has been walking around the house, calling for them. In order to cheer her up, we decided to get a kitten for her to talk to, and sit with. we waited until summer was over, so we would be able to introduce them to each other, and be on hand.

Anyway, after a little bit of searching, Mum found this really nice woman who rescues and rehomes cats, mainly kittens. Today, we went to to see the kittens. It was the first time my sister or I had ever seen a kitten, which wasn't in a photo. there were tons of kittens there. she had several litters with their mothers, and several who she bottle fed. She let me bottle feed a little cute gray one. He was so tiny. I didn't know cats could fit in the palm of your hand.

Everyone had their favourite kittens, my Dad liked a calico/tortoiseshell one, my sister a grey/brown tabby, Mum a Siamese kitten, and mine was a small black one who sat on your lap and purred. We eventually chose a black one that was slightly bigger and playful than the other. we thought that we had better not get any more after the kitten we are getting next week(The calico. Who can only get one kitten? She was a bit young to go today, I think.)

So, pictures of the kitten we chose!

He's in a dog crate, because we want to introduce them slowly, and we don't want a fight. Nor do we have a room we can easily block off.)
Attached Images

Pippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 10:46 PM   #2 
BettaLover898998

So cute!
BettaLover898998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 10:54 PM   #3 
InStitches

oh :) so perfect! And your new little sweetheart will have the calico to have kitten play with, too! Congrats on your new family members.
InStitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 10:58 PM   #4 
Pippin

Thanks!

Update- we put the cat in my bedroom, and now we are trying to find said cat, who remains without a name. (I'm all for Schrodinger!)

EDIT- I'm having a scary feeling tat I put this in the wrong section.

Scary feeling confirmed. Kittens make you loose all judgement.And sense.

Last edited by Pippin; 08-16-2015 at 12:29 AM.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:22 AM   #5 
Gariana

Aww, so sad to hear about your old cats, but the new kitty looks adorable

And it's awesome you adopted a rescue cat.

PS! Schrodinger sounds perfect!
Gariana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:51 PM   #6 
DangerousAngel

So sorry about the loss of the other cats.
But congratulations on your new black kitten and the calico! I hope they bring your other cat comfort.
DangerousAngel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 12:26 PM   #7 
VioletTrauma

Such a cute kitten!!!
VioletTrauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:58 PM   #8 
Pippin

Thanks, everyone!

We got the little calico girl two days ago, and she's about 12 or 11 weeks old, and Schrodinger(My sister eventually agreed) and Tinker(My mom's idea) are both playful, and they eat stuff. Schrodinger eats croissants, cereal, and things that go crunch. I'm still not sure what that was.
Tinker eats perler beads, if she finds them. They're fish safe, so I hope they are kitten safe in small amounts. She's also investigating a peppermint wrapper, so I've just grabbed it. Silly kittens. Something about forbidden foods makes them want to eat them.

Also with Tinks, I've never had a cat who purrs this much. If I pick her up, she purrs. If I stoke her, she purrs. If I go near her, she purrs! The only time she stopped was when I was trying the get the perler bead out of her mouth, but I couldn't. And also she hides behind things and yowls for help. And then walks right out.
Attached Images

Old 08-24-2015, 08:07 PM   #9 
DangerousAngel

They're SOO cute!!!
DangerousAngel is online now   Reply With Quote