Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #31 
LittleBettaFish

We have a black and white cat that behaves exactly like a siamese. He fetches, meows all the time, is very affectionate, and has worked out how to open all our cupboards in the laundry and bathroom. However, he is the biggest chunk of a cat I have met and looks nothing at all like siamese.

A lot of cats are very vocal and intelligent, it doesn't mean they are a particular breed. Also I believe a female cat has the ability to produce kittens with different fathers in the same litter, so even if a purebred cat has been allowed to wander loose you can't say exactly who the father would be.

I would say he is just a street moggy fortunate enough to have a really nice colouring. He is very beautiful though. This thread made me start browsing shelter sites for a cat haha I don't think mum would be impressed if I bought home a fifth mouth to feed.

Did feel sorry for the 12 year old cat whose reason for being dumped was 'new partner is allergic to cats'. Wow, the loyalty in that one statement brings me to tears.

It would be sad if it turns out such a nice cat as your boy had been in actual fact abandoned. Some people are just rat bags when it comes to animals.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #32 
Sena Hansler

My point was you CAN say your animal is whatever. Someone said my DOG couldnt be labelled as a German Shepherd because he lacked papers. Guess what? Papers burn. Life ends. Dirt is still dirt. It really should not matter what an animal is. It urks me when people snub whatever because of no "papers". I'd rather wipe my butt with papers then use a paper to rub in someone's face. Sure it would be interesting to see the true genetic background, but I don't need a paper telling me what's what. -.- that slight rant came from me knowing people whose precious monetary minds has papers for each animal.

On a side note... What WOULD it cost to find out the background genetics? I have always wanted to do that =D

Also he was abandoned. He used to be someone's - the strays who are real strays are scared of people, vicious, and live moreso in the city. No posters are up, no calls to the pound... No one cared enough to find their cat.

And if he is Khao Manee all the more loss to them but his dice are still being chopped.
Sena Hansler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #33 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

But.. it's a cat.. that's like saying every brown cat is a havana brown, every black cat is a bombay and every grey cat is a Russian blue. You can't really tell with cats. o-o That's all I was thinking. Just cause it's white and meows doesn't mean it's some rare breed of cat.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #34 
Sena Hansler

And I never said it was. It could be POSSIBLE is what I said. Can we just drop this?! Who gives a flying rat's putootie if he is or isnt?! I was saying possible considering the trade marks are all there.

And no one even answered my question the second time around..
Old 08-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #35 
Sena Hansler

Anyways I will be heading off. Not coming to this forum for a while. Just decided to update my "exciting" life and now back to work. Will come back when I actually have successful HM and CT spawns... To show pictures of course! :)
Old 08-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #36 
PaintingPintos

Ouch....
I said many people have those cats.
I didn't say anyone here has that particular cat. It was just a general idea.

But I KNOW that my Simon cat is a British Bombay. He fits the breed description 100% even though we found him as a stray. Whoever would dump a kitty like that should be ashamed of themselves. He's a huge male with coppery green eyes, very muscular, extremely long, has a tendency to keep eating when he doesn't need to, he's heavy, he has a jet black coat, sweetest cat I literally have EVER met, has a full pecking order (I'm on top), and literally everything else that describes Bombay cats.
What are the chances??
Of all cats in the world...
Though Bombay cats are widespread, it is very likely that your black cat may be full or part-bred Bombay. They're a very popular breed, even though people tend not to like black cats.
However, if we're all going to freak out over it, I suggest we all take a deep breath and click the little "X" on the top right corner of this page.
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #37 
Sena Hansler

Thanks lol.

Ooo bombay... I loves those. Actually I just love cats in general... Actually, mainly the friendly ones :p I would not mind knowing what he is. Would be cool!

Also you can find tons of purebreds in shelters :(
Old 08-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #38 
Laki

A friend of mine recently got a Maine Coone at the shelter :)
I don't care about cat breeds bc cat breeds don't serve a purpose like dog breeds do. I mean some do.. But mostly its just a status thing with cats. Anyway, I missed what happened regarding his breed but I wouldn't mind it Sena.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:21 PM   #39 
PaintingPintos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
A friend of mine recently got a Maine Coone at the shelter :)
I don't care about cat breeds bc cat breeds don't serve a purpose like dog breeds do. I mean some do.. But mostly its just a status thing with cats. Anyway, I missed what happened regarding his breed but I wouldn't mind it Sena.
I know....but just knowing that my kitties perfectly conform to standards makes me wonder what terrible person dumped them outside. Simon is literally the most lovable cat in the world (to me, I'm at the top of his pecking order). If I'm away at a friend's house then he will meow and wail and moan and be an annoying pest to my dad until I come home, in which he will be all purry and kneady and drooly and will literally hop onto my lap the moment I sit down. He also hugs me....he sits on my stomach and wraps his paws around my waist or my neck and "kisses" my throat xD

I don't think it matters what breed an animal is, but it's nice to know....
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #40 
TheCrabbyTabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Aw he's sweet :) Are you keeping him or just hanging on to him until he finds a home? He seems to have once belonged to someone if he's so friendly. Poor thing. Oh, aren't white male cats deaf? (could be false, I don't know)
White cats with blue eyes are usually deaf.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote