Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #41 
fleetfish

My new HM guy is so cute. I've just put him in a new 3g keeper and, because the bauble on my zoomed mirror cracked, I've been using some thread to suspend it. Anyway, I decided he'd had enough flaring and pulled the mirror up to the top. The silly fish took one look at it and started lunging to the surface, trying to get the nasty betta on top of him!

Also, Swarovski is a derp. He's got some crazy silver/black eyes and keeps staring at me. I love him though, derpiness and all :)
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:25 AM   #42 
OrangeAugust

My new guy, Shiny, who I just got yesterday is pretty mellow and he kind of drifts around the tank, swimming slowly, but a few times he did this thing where he gets this big burst of energy and darts up to the top to get air and bounces of the surface of the water. lol!
I wonder if he would actually jump out if he was bigger. I think I'll have to watch for that while he grows (he's still pretty small), but right now I'll enjoy how cute it is. hehe
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #43 
Kelly0727

Pewe my most recent rescue has decided to become a model and pose for my ipod touch. Just as long as he can see himself :) No flares.. just poses.

Also if I kiss the tank he will back away.. but then once I sit back up he blows a bubble at me as if he is kissing me back :)
Kelly0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #44 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

How cute everybody ! Perseus likes to play hide and seek, I will call his name when I dont see him and he will peek out from where he is hiding like he is saying here I am...lololol If I keep calling his name he will finally swim over to my side of the tank.
Got to love all the cute things they do, they are so smart !!!!
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:30 PM   #45 
fleetfish

Balthazar, my red VT, learned to intimidate my fingertip <3333
He circles around it and flares at it, then attacks it ... and it feels like little kisses. Bal's so full of himself, lol :)
Old 08-24-2012, 07:41 AM   #46 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfish View Post
Balthazar, my red VT, learned to intimidate my fingertip <3333
He circles around it and flares at it, then attacks it ... and it feels like little kisses. Bal's so full of himself, lol :)
Mine also did that, minus the kissing. Now he does something else. He tries to bite my nose! No seriusly, he only jumps for two things, food and my nose. No fingers no nothing. Just food and when i peek my nose above the tank.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:14 AM   #47 
lelei

This morning..the heater indicator light ..went to red..and Crimson my rescue..went right over to stare at it..and start flaring at it..it was so funny..like why did that change..put it back I dont like redthey are very smart!!
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:32 PM   #48 
KymnSasuke

Hi, first time posting, but I thought I'd share this with you. This morning, I got a flea under my nail while petting my cat, so I decided to drop it into Sasuke's bowl to see what he'd do. It hit one of the bubbles onhis bubble nest, so he swam up like, "Hey, what happened to my bubbles? Oh, look! Food!" He snapped up that flea more eagerly than he does his pellets. It was so funny!
KymnSasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:37 PM   #49 
Orito

I was watching Entei and Blueberry today. Blueberry was half-way up the tank wall, and Entei rushed him and pecked his shell. Blueberry retracted suddenly, and Entei swam into his plants, almost as if to say "Tag, you're it!"
Orito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #50 
fleetfish

My new plakat, BJ, is so inquisitive! I have a wireless mouse beside my computer and he's right beside that, so whenever I'm moving it around he follows my hand or just hovers there waiting for the next move :)