Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #1 
BubbiBubba

Exclamation Betta Fish Hospital

Hey Guys!

I'm still pretty new to this forum & let me just say that I LOVE it here! Everyone is so helpful & relatable!

OK, so I need some advice.

My betta is not sick yet, but he DOES have some severe tail biting issues.

Anyways, how can I have a successful hospital/quarantine tank on hand if he ever DOES become ill? *crosses fingers that he doesn't*

I already have a .5 gal cube & a 1.5 gal Betta Pet Keeper on hand just in case... Do I need to buy another heater to warm up the other tanks in case I have to move him out? His only "tank mate" is an Amano shrimp & some java ferns.

I have some AQ salt on hand also, & was also going to go purchase some epsom salt... I'm not so sure I trust any other medications, but please do enlighten me!

***ALSO***

Would AQ salt help w/ tail biting? If so, how would I add it into my 5 gal cycled & heated tank?

THANK YOU EVERYONE.
BubbiBubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #2 
MSG

You should take some pictures of your tanks. My halfmoon bite his fins after I removed him from other fish/shrimp. He seems to enjoy the company.

When he's by himself he gets bored & just lays around on decorations and turns his head to look around. Moves if he sees something that interests him, otherwise he just waits until I come by to feed him.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:47 PM   #3 
BubbiBubba

MSG, I will try to take some pictures soon! I'm trying to figure out how I will from my iPhone to this MacBook since this one I am using is not mine, hahaha.

Also, after one of the more outgoing ones died, my other Amano HIDES from my betta! How tragic...
BubbiBubba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5 gallon, aquarium salt, hospital tank, medications, quarantine tank