Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-14-2012, 01:32 PM   #21 
jaecher

I can tell they're males because they flare at each other and their fins are getting longer( most female bettas don't have long fins). Anyways i used bettafix on my betta so im waiting for the results.
jaecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #22 
LebronTheBetta

I know that about females. I was actually thinking you differentiated by their beard size, not their fins. Bettafix won't do anything, really. It's known to cause organ damage. Especially their labyrinth organ.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #23 
jaecher

im gonna use dried almond leaf then, i just change the water that contain bettafix in it. Dried almond leaf probably will heal him? I put my betta in a small contain with half water and a piece of dried almond leaf in it
Old 08-14-2012, 02:58 PM   #24 
LebronTheBetta

IAL works wonders. :) But I'm not sure if it's going to heal your fish, good luck.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #25 
jaecher

So here the new UPDATE!! My betta have been in the small container with Wild almond leaf for like a week, the water was very dark yellow, and it seems like the wound on his head is still the same:( I moved him back to the 10 galloon tank, and now i added aquarium salt to the tank, hope it helps.. The white patch on his head is probably an open wound. My betta is still very active as normal. Maybe the aqaurium salt can help repair his skin or scale. NOTE... He have the open wound for like a month already, and he's still alive. The wound just seem to never heal?
Old 08-26-2012, 07:21 PM   #26 
jaecher

Old 08-26-2012, 09:37 PM   #27 
Jully

Could be scales he rubbed off, or hit something which caused his scales to fall off. My betta lost a scale on his head yesterday, but I know it might heal :P
Jully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:04 PM   #28 
MSG

My betta had MAJOR open wounds from getting wedged in a small hole in a decoration the size of a AAA battery.

There was NO scales at all just her exposed muscle tissue on the top of her body and on the bottom. I think they healed over in about 10-14 days, now you barely tell anything happened unless I point it out.

That white stuff is not an injury, it has to be some sort of scale abnormality, nutritional deficiency or disease.

If you have any new pictures that are clearer, that might help someone else come up with a better diagnosis.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:37 PM   #29 
jaecher

Well, i can't take a better picture because the betta moves a lot and the camera can't even focus good. Well, i think your right, it could just be muscle tissues because, he show no sign of stress or sick. When you look at the white patch, you can see that there is no scale there, so the white patch could be muscle tissues or meat?
Old 08-28-2012, 07:58 PM   #30 
MSG

No, I've seen your first pictures of the white patch and it's not muscle tissue. If the scales on a fish are missing and it doesn't heal within a week or two, the fish's wounds will get an infection. Mine had a little bit of fungus growing, but it from the tree leaves but once I saw that, I IMMEDIATELY removed the leaves, and put them into a mini filtered tank & it cleared it up within an hour.

If your betta is acting normally & eating, then it might be just so weird discoloration.

What make & model is your camera?
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote