Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-03-2012, 02:12 PM   #1 
Nuts4Mutts

Feedback on Food

Alrighty, I have already posted a thread asking for opinions on favorite/best-quality foods, so I have a pretty good idea on that now, but I am curious, does anybody use the food that I use? It's called "Zoo Med Micro Floating Betta Food" If so, I'd like feedback from it. Because when Tintin runs out of his food, I might try another kind if I can find a better one... but if anyone has 'good vibes' from this brand, I'll probably stick to it. =) TY!
Nuts4Mutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #2 
LizzyP

http://www.zoomed.com/db/products/En...JvZHVjdHMiO30=

Is that it? If not, I wouldn't recommend feeding this to him anymore. Feed something high in protein and with at least the first 3 ingredients meat, not wheat/wheat flour. Try New Life Spectrum or Omega One Betta Buffet.
LizzyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #3 
Nuts4Mutts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyP View Post
http://www.zoomed.com/db/products/En...JvZHVjdHMiO30=

Is that it? If not, I wouldn't recommend feeding this to him anymore. Feed something high in protein and with at least the first 3 ingredients meat, not wheat/wheat flour. Try New Life Spectrum or Omega One Betta Buffet.
Yes, that's the same food (mine is in a big bottle though), and yes, Life Spectrum has been recommended by other members to me as well. I really want to try it, but Mom says I have to finish up his current food first.

Thanks for the input though! I REALLY hope I can find some of that brand somewhere... Mom doesn't really want me buying food online if there's some at the local reptile shop or Walmart though.... =\ eh who knows, maybe I'll get lucky & find it at the mini pet mart.....

Many thanks again!
Old 08-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #4 
LizzyP

I can get it at my local Petco. Omega One I think I got from Petsmart but will probably have it at any LFS.
LizzyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #5 
PaintedOaksOki

I fed my betta Omega One Betta Buffet, and those worked great! I purchased them from my local Petsmart, I believe Petland sells as well.
PaintedOaksOki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #6 
eaturbyfill

I have never even heard of that brand of food before. Good luck finding the new kind!
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #7 
Nuts4Mutts

Thanks! Like I say, I probably won't be able to find that exact brand, because in the tiny town we live in, the only places that sell fish food are Walmart, a little reptile/fish store, and a mini pet mart
Old 08-07-2012, 10:33 PM   #8 
babystarz

Both Omega and New Life Spectrum are in stock at my local Petco :) You could also look into frozen treats (bloodworms are a betta favorite).
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:56 PM   #9 
Nuts4Mutts

Yeah... nearest petco is an hr drive =\ But I do offer Tintin freeze-dried bloodworms to give him some extra protein, he's quite picky though, so he won't eat them [well... I sometimes get him to eat a teeny tiny one, but it takes much eating, spitting out, eating, spitting out before it finally hits his stomach, lol!], so I tried letting him go a bit over a day without regular food, then offering him nothing but a bloodworm, and they were still just as nasty as they were before.....

(@babystarz: LOVE ur avatar pic, that is a beautiful betta~~!!!)