Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #1 
newfiedragon

Question decisions, decisions...

I recently lost a fish which leaves me with an empty 1.5g fish tank. And while my first impulse is to run off and buy another one, my future is kinda up in the air right now (might have to move to another province at some point) so getting another fish to add to the 8 that I now have would be really bad fishy parenting, I think. But that still leaves me with an empty tank, and two fish who would benefit from being moved into it.

So I have to make a decision...do I put the fish who's on the filter side of my divided 2.5g betta bow in the empty tank, or do I put the fish who's in an unfiltered 1.75g bowl in the empty tank?

I'm kinda leaning towards moving my guy in the divided betta bow into the empty tank because he has very little surface area, but then I think of the little guy with no filter. Drat...

Opinions anyone?
newfiedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

Why did you divide your 2.5? That is totally overstocked. The minimum is is 5 gallons if you're dividing. I suggest to put 1 fish from that tank into the bowl. So that each fish will get their own tank. Problem solved. :)
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #3 
newfiedragon

The betta bow is a 2.5g tank that gives you the option of dividing or not. I used the divider because IMO a heated, filtered divided tank was better than the seperate unheated, unfiltered 1g bowls they each had before. Where I live heaters are very expensive, especially for small tanks. It was cold and one day when I checked on them I couldn't get them to move off the bottoms of their bowls, so I decided to get something that would keep them heated. They're much happier and healthier in their divided tank then they were in their seperate bowls.

I bought that specific tank so I could divide it and have the option of undividing it if I needed to.
newfiedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #4 
LebronTheBetta

It's still really small for dividing. :/ But if you won't take my advice, eh... It's your choice. Make sure it's the right one!
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote